• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah shows why I'm not an umpire. If the first one wasn't reviewed it would be fair enough, in that situation I'd struggle to be convinced to roll the dice though. Maybe if you were 8 or 9 down.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm a big fan of Lyon, but then again, I was a big fan of Greg Ritchie. I can accept him being dropped. Smith doesn't know how to use him (not sure if Lyon knows how to use himself). Let Smith choose his team so that he can choose bowlers he can use (or at least thinks he can).

Game on. I can see Australia putting on 500+ and declaring tomorrow before stumps.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Stuff like that is so frustrating. Making sensible, tactical reviews is something you can do a lot of work on and improve. Does lehmann and aust mgt work with smith on that. Probably not.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I'm a big fan of Lyon, but then again, I was a big fan of Greg Ritchie. I can accept him being dropped. Smith doesn't know how to use him (not sure if Lyon knows how to use himself). Let Smith choose his team so that he can choose bowlers he can use (or at least thinks he can).

Game on. I can see Australia putting on 500+ and declaring tomorrow before stumps.
You mean SA?

flibbertyjibber

Very early in his career but QDK looks like he could be a better player than Boucher was for SA. Shows how good he is that you can even think that at this early stage.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very early in his career but QDK looks like he could be a better player than Boucher was for SA. Shows how good he is that you can even think that at this early stage.
He will be a far better player than Boucher... but can see him moving into top 4 in his career and a new young wicket keeper taking over.

Burgey

Stuff like that is so frustrating. Making sensible, tactical reviews is something you can do a lot of work on and improve. Does lehmann and aust mgt work with smith on that. Probably not.
He's at second slip so I imagine he'd be looking at it as a good shout but taking a fair bit of an idea from his keeper, bowler and first slip. The former should be the best judge, the latter is Voges and his eyes don't work anymore as we've seen when he bats, and the bowler is on debut and understandably would be screaming for anything.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
not sure if Lyon knows how to use himself.
This is part of his problem. He doesn't seem top be able plan a batsmen out. He just bowls the same thing over again and gets wickets through persistence. Sure he won us the Adelaide test against India with that strategy, but you'd think that as this point he'd have some sort of variation in his game.

Thanks Fergo for costing Joe a first test wicket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Impressive start to Bavuma's test career. I keep thinking that a tall outswing bowler like Southee or Hazelwood should be able to exploit his fondness for hitting through the covers to get him edging behind, but it hasn't happened so far - his shot selection has been good.