• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
Maxwell is a Xavier Doherty class bowler, good in limited overs when the batsman has to try and hitout.

Not consistent enough on line or length to be a frontline bowler in long format games

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good comment. Lyon is no worldbeater but he gets lots of unfair stick on here. I don't think Smith uses him very well as captain which doesn't help him but to be honest if you haven't got a Warne/Murali having a spinner who has 200+ wickets @ 33 is something that most sides would be happy with.
I think Lyon suffers from just being a boring offie. It's amazing how many people will talk about how good Abdul Qadir was but Iqbal Qasim's figures were far superior, especially away. There's a special allure that a leg spinner has so unless your boring finger spinner is regularly running through sides people will tend to discount them.

91Jmay

International Coach
With a tailenders average Nevil cannot afford any mistakes with the gloves.It is wierd because I still think he looks a good player. Organised, can score against spin/pace. Just not done it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taking Maxwell to India as a spinner is an awful idea.
Of course it is, he's nowhere near good enough.
Might be able to get by playing him as a part time spinner with O'Keefe doing the bulk of the work though. But he won't play so it's a moot point.

Although we played him last time round so you can never say never.