• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stunning comeback from SA after day 1. I'd written them off tbh,and I don't think I can be blamed for doing do.

Abbott should prove to be a decent enough replacement for Steyn,so they have a great chance to make it 3/3 in Australia.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Try telling that to the selectors. Also if we go with four bowlers and one breaks down all hell would break loose.
Can`t play the game/pick the team expecting worst case scenario. Play your best XI. Look what SA just did... I know its not the norm to win in that scenario but the team pulled together and fought.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Which do you think is better for the SA balance right now?
Paul harris was a holding bowler that gave guys like Steyn the chance to attack, Harris was maybe not a strike bowler, but he created pressure for a lot of wickets.

Unless he tours Pakistan, there he will be the leading wicket taker lol

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Can`t play the game/pick the team expecting worst case scenario. Play your best XI. Look what SA just did... I know its not the norm to win in that scenario but the team pulled together and fought.
Exactly. In ODI Marsh can play but test cricket demands so much and Marsh doesn't have the skill set to flourish. It's unfair on him tbh.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, I'd do the same, but I ain't picking them. We're talking about a bunch of selectors who picked Mennie over incumbent back up Bird because he can bat a bit.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
If there wasn't the politics to worry about I would say make Faf captain permanently and just let AB worry about his batting when he comes back.

Did a fantastic job and not sure we would have won this Test without him being skipper.
Let AB worry about his T20 cricket, that is what he is mostly concerned about.

SeamUp

International Coach
What did he say?
Healy and Chappelli was basically saying they want to know more about KG and his background. I think I heard Chappelli say something like 'what village he comes from'

Tbf I think it sounded worse than it was because there were the stories of Ntini and Mdingi so he probably thinks Rabada might have a similar background which he doesn't of course.

Marius

International Debutant
Healy and Chappelli was basically saying they want to know more about KG and his background. I think I heard Chappelli say something like 'what village he comes from'

Tbf I think it sounded worse than it was because there were the stories of Ntini and Mdingi so he probably thinks Rabada might have a similar background which he doesn't of course.
Bit off-colour but Chappel probably didn't mean anything by it.

Yeah, Bavuma and Rabada both come from pretty privileged backgrounds. Both went to private schools and I think Rabada's old man is a doctor and Bavuma's is a senior journalist somewhere.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That's kinda dire, even for his standards.

Also why are they saying they want to know about his background while live on air? Find out yourselves then give the info to the viewers maybe?