• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwins average in Australia - 54.71
Lyons average in Australia since 4th Jan 2016 - 57

Checkmate

SeamUp

International Coach
It's weird seeing what Siddle has become.

He started off high 140s and feisty & now he is meek and quiet and in the 120s.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Oz ran out of a bit of puff after Du Plessis wicket; handy effort by aphilander to not only stay till stumps but score fairly quickly which must've dispirited a tired Oz side.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
It's weird seeing what Siddle has become.

He started off high 140s and feisty & now he is meek and quiet and in the 120s.
And with 200 wickets. He's smart. Has taken ownership of his career. Smarter than idiots Pattinson and Cummins who listen to morons around them and still end up perpetually injured. No sense of independent thinking

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
And with 200 wickets. He's smart. Has taken ownership of his career. Smarter than idiots Pattinson and Cummins who listen to morons around them and still end up perpetually injured.
Fair point and spot on.

It just seems a bit odd. Probably taking the pace out of it, I just seem to remember him showing more emotion for the battle on the field.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Fair point and spot on.

It just seems a bit odd. Probably taking the pace out of it, I just seem to remember him showing more emotion for the battle on the field.
Honestly never thought that was authentically him. Thought he was being a bit of a try-hard..trying to be a caricature of the 'quintessential Australian fast bowler'. Think this is more the real him. Can look unthreatening at times, but he will get the wickets.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Philander goes up in my estimation every time I watch him. For me, one of the most valuable cricketers in the world right now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly never thought that was authentically him. Thought he was being a bit of a try-hard..trying to be a caricature of the 'quintessential Australian fast bowler'. Think this is more the real him. Can look unthreatening at times, but he will get the wickets.
Maybe Siddle's just grown up.

Or maybe he's taken a look at the general dickishness of this team and decided that he doesn't want to be doing all that nonsense.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it won't happen, but when ABdV comes back, I hope they go for this batting line up:

Elgar
Amla
Faf
Duminy
ABdV
Bavuma

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great day for SA again... thank you Elgar and Duminy for making my day.

Just had a friend ask why SA don`t drop Amla to bring in Rillee?.... I think the look on my face answered his question!

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
We actually won many away series.
True. Sorry I missed that. But yeah overall..the striking thing about South Africa for me in the post Australia's unbeatable generation was the range they demonstrated in an era of massive home domination. Pretty sure they still hold most of the away series
England
Australia
West Indies
New Zealand
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

Which is more than what any of the top 3 teams can claim today.