• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Because it is a word that is lazily applied to pretty much every time South Africa fails in a major tournament without ever considering the cricketing factors. In tests, what makes this generation special is their ability to come back and the grit and fight they showed..in England 2012 when Cook dominated Day 1 only for SA to come back and dismantle England on Day 2, or chasing 414 in 08 or the Melbourne game of that same series or Faf batting out a draw in Adelaide. They have also became number 1 following a very different approach to the Aussies - by making sure they don't lose away series. They kept drawing series, games and just made sure they were unbeatable over the widest range of conditions and that's all you need to be number 1
They very nearly chased down a world record against India too the last time India toured SA but ran out of overs.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bloody hell, if voges rips his hamstring and has to retire and saves his 60 average...

SeamUp

International Coach
The reverse is vital in this game. Stops scoring and takes wickets.

Maharaj and Duminy will have to do a little bit of bowling in that period between new ball and reverse.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Reminder in actuality they choked because they weren't prepared to lose to win.
But wasn't that simply smart tactics? As seen HERE it was only a two test series so losing that first game would have put them under huge pressure ahead of the second and final one. So in hindsight they did the right thing imo.

And as I type this SA lose another wicket...don't tell me they aren't starting to cho...I digress :D

SeamUp

International Coach
But wasn't that simply smart tactics? As seen HERE it was only a two test series so losing that first game would have put them under huge pressure ahead of the second and final one. So in hindsight they did the right thing imo.

And as I type this SA lose another wicket...don't tell me they aren't starting to cho...I digress :D
I remember that now. That definitely played a huge role being only 2 tests in the series.