• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah jedi i guess you simply take your foot off the accelerator when you think the hard work is done

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Yeah I thought it might have been like that. Wouldn't that make it harder for the black population generally to have access to the best junior facilities, coaches etc?

One of the things I like best about being club based is that it doesn't matter if you rock up in Roller or on a push bike, you still get a crack.
Yep that is exactly what Darryl Cullinan said in that interview on cricinfo, there are cricket academies, but the challenge these guys have is pitching up at all.

StephenZA

Yeah I thought it might have been like that. Wouldn't that make it harder for the black population generally to have access to the best junior facilities, coaches etc?

One of the things I like best about being club based is that it doesn't matter if you rock up in Roller or on a push bike, you still get a crack.
Yes very much so.... hence why the government needs to put more money into school development, right after they remember to by textbooks for the kids.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do fielding captains so often go full re**** when they have a batsman and tail-ender batting together?

bowling half-trackers, giving a way singles, around the wicket, rubbish bowling everywhere . . . it blows my mind

It almost always ends up with the lower order getting good partnerships because the fielding side aren't happy to just bowl normally and try to get the batsman out
Totally agree with this. How often does a team bowl a certain way to knock over most of the top order players, then bowl completely different **** to the one remaining like he's the last remaining god-like figure on Mortal Kombat or something, and you have to mash 45 buttons at the same time to pull off the incredible secret move to get him out. Or like they put a bet on the lower order batsman to be the next out, so they can't possibly get the established bat out lest they lose a few $. I dunno. It's insanity.

mr_mister

often when we used to have a team 8-70 in club cricket my captain would give the blokes who never get a bowl a go... and then they'd end up scoring 130 lol. eveeery time

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think the ease with which these runs are coming does not bode well for SA. Can see the Aussie bats going 500+ here.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Geez, I wish I could be watching this instead of following it on cricinfo

"Cross-batted sweep-heave to long-on for six"

what the hell lol

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
often when we used to have a team 8-70 in club cricket my captain would give the blokes who never get a bowl a go... and then they'd end up scoring 130 lol. eveeery time
Such por captaincy. I used to bowl myself and get cheap tail end wickets by giving it more air than qantas with four blokes on the fence.