• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think you could maybe argue that resting Broad was smart player management rather than arrogance, but there's no reason Batty needed a rest. That was just arrogant IMO.
Or perhaps the selectors though' we've already got an offspinner, why don't we get a look at the guy who bowls slow left arm'.

Particularly when India's top order is almost exclusively right handed.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very balanced match, Bangladesh keep letting England back into it with brain-fades.

cnerd123

likes this
***** doesn't care. As soon as he felt Bangladesh was not playing well, he went off to his mma classes.

Any and all sympathy you feel towards Bangladeshi fans should be directed towards AZH.
In my defence I pay for a certain number of classes per month, and I havent completed my quota for this month yet and cant really go tomorrow due to Diwali or Monday due to work stuff, and had I waited till the end of day's play i'd have missed all the classes schedule for today.
I had planned to go for classes at this time since the start of the week; it had nothing to do with the current match scenario.

But I do get to support India tear things up at home and AZH is actually Bangladeshi, so yes he does deserve a lot more sympathy than I do.

But ****ing hell, of course we throw away a good situation with a dumb shot at the end of the day. Of course.

Its all these brain fades and moments that are costing us this game. We were so good in the first test; all the bad habits had to emerge in the second on. Zzzz.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Can the collapse happen after the lead of 250 pls

Carrying two passengers in the team. Still not sure why do you need Hom's offspin when shakib, taijul and miraz are there. Should have just picked Mosaddek. Cant emphasis the point enough.

About the pitch, it did not look like deteriorating enough live although I was far out sitting but could get an idea. Not sure how its going to play out in the next days. How much rain we get will play a factor.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh would have to stretch it past 300 for them to be favourites, even then it'd only be marginal with England's lower order. Long long way to go to get there yet.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can the collapse happen after the lead of 250 pls

Carrying two passengers in the team. Still not sure why do you need Hom's offspin when shakib, taijul and miraz are there. Should have just picked Mosaddek. Cant emphasis the point enough.

About the pitch, it did not look like deteriorating enough live although I was far out sitting but could get an idea. Not sure how its going to play out in the next days. How much rain we get will play a factor.
Yeah.

Also think it might turn out to be a blessing they lost that wicket just then. Could have triggered a collapse had it happened first thing tomorrow morning. Now they can try and get in a decent frame of mind overnight.

smash84

The Tiger King
all of the english bowlers seem to have terrible econ rates. Ansari has 2 wickets. how did he bowl? Does he have potential to be put into the squad for india?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The thing with this is that I actually think Mosaddek has more to work from with his bowling than Hom anyway. I was kind of surprised when Hom became a genuine allrounder in domestic cricket in the first place but Mosaddek to me looks like he could have become a proper bowler at at least that level if that's what he devoted his time to.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh would have to stretch it past 300 for them to be favourites, even then it'd only be marginal with England's lower order. Long long way to go to get there yet.
Agree with this. Even with 300 I'm not that optimistic. NZ chased 300, Australia chased 300 in bd before.

Cook due to get runs in the series and England's lower order is mammoth.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The thing with this is that I actually think Mosaddek has more to work from with his bowling than Hom anyway. I was kind of surprised when Hom became a genuine allrounder in domestic cricket in the first place but Mosaddek to me looks like he could have become a proper bowling at at least that level if that's what he devoted his time to.
Think they looked at it like this. The spot at no.8 to be taken by either Hom or Mosaddek. Since Hom has slight edge to his bowling than Mosaddek at the moment, they picked Hom although he is far inferior batsman than Mosaddek. But it was wrong decision because a player with superior bowling ability was not required when Miraz is doing more than fine job with Shakib and Taijul. So a player with inferior bowling ability and superior batting ability should have taken the spot at no. 8. And more so keeping in mind the prone to collapse. Hom in no way going to stop the collapse.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think they looked at it like this. The spot at no.8 to be taken by either Hom or Mosaddek. Since Hom has slight edge to his bowling than Mosaddek at the moment, they picked Hom although he is far inferior batsman than Mosaddek. But it was wrong decision because a player with superior bowling ability was not required when Miraz is doing more than fine job with Shakib and Taijul. So a player with inferior bowling ability and superior batting ability should have taken the spot at no. 8. And more so keeping in mind the prone to collapse. Hom in no way going to stop the collapse.
Yeah I completely agree, but even if you look past that I think they're working on a bit of a false premise in Hom's supposedly superior bowling anyway. He's more accomplished so far but I actually think Mosaddek is more likely to trouble Test batsmen with the ball.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea agree with PEWS. Moses looked really good with the ball in the ODIs. Definitely a lot more potential than Hom

If he worked on his bowling too, an attack with him, Fizzy and Mirage would be so ****ing good.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I completely agree, but even if you look past that I think they're working on a bit of a false premise in Hom's supposedly superior bowling anyway. He's more accomplished so far but I actually think Mosaddek is more likely to trouble Test batsmen with the ball.
It's chandika who is a fan of Hom and I dont know why. Maybe because he wanted someone like Moeen Ali in the team to do the job with spinning option and also a good bat at lower order. On that basis, Hom probably suited his gameplan more than anyone else. At that time Mosaddek was still building himself up from being a gun under 19 player. But now with Mosaddek in the scenario it just does not make sense to stick with Hom anymore.

cnerd123

likes this
I mean, Hom's a handsome guy and a good close fielder and I bet he's real funny and charming with the ladies, but picking him is the kinda thing you see Kohli do.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I mean, Hom's a handsome guy and a good close fielder and I bet he's real funny and charming with the ladies, but picking him is the kinda thing you see Kohli do.
With *****'s luck, he will score an unlikely fifty from wherever the **** he bats tomorrow and take a 5 fer.