• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mosaddek Hossain, Subashis Roy called up for second Test against England | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Is Subashis legit AZH?

Moses in as cover for Sabbir is worrying on two fronts - one as it suggests Sabbir may not be fit to play, and second as it suggests the same sort of lineup for the second test.

Moses and Subashis in for Shaiful and Kamrul would be ideal.
Subashis is a domestic workhorse more like Shahid I've heard. He is the most experienced in the circuit with rare average of under 30 among them all. Had good domestic season but nothing special. They have included these two meaning there is a high chance they are likely to play. Moses and Subashis in for Kamrul and Shafiul imo.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
England may be tempted to rest Stuart Broad, who has now played 99 Tests, and Chris Woakes, while they would also like to give a game to the left-arm spinner Zafar Ansari if possible.
if they do this I hope we lose. The ****ing arrogance would be ridiculous.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They've said they were always going to try and rotate to get through the winter with everyone fit. I wouldn't mind leaving Woakes out, he looked pretty unsuited with bat and ball. Need Broad though.

91Jmay

International Coach
They've said they were always going to try and rotate to get through the winter with everyone fit. I wouldn't mind leaving Woakes out, he looked pretty unsuited with bat and ball. Need Broad though.
He was the 5th highest scorer for England, played the spinners pretty well.

Also didn't bowl badly, got the ball reversing at end of Day 4.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
get soumya sarkar in already!
Yes Soumya needs to play
Guys Soumya is not ready for tests yet. He has temperament issues and does not know how to build a test innings. He needs at least full two domestic seasons the way he bats. Yes he's elegant when in full flow but it's not working for him now. The only way he could get into the test side if he improved his bowling and play as all rounder. His bowling also got nowhere atm.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Guys Soumya is not ready for tests yet. He has temperament issues and does not know how to build a test innings. He needs at least full two domestic seasons the way he bats. Yes he's elegant when in full flow but it's not working for him now. The only way he could get into the test side if he improved his bowling and play as all rounder. His bowling also got nowhere atm.
The top 6 are pretty solid so I don't see him slotting in there at the moment. Sabbir has earned a run at 7 you feel.

If they are going to play him at 8 for batting cover I'd assume he would have to bowl a bit to not over burden Shakib and that makes no sense as his bowling is no where near the level of Nasir from what I've seen of the two of them.

I think Bangladesh fans should be pleased that the team has improved to the point where a player as talented as Sarkar can't get in just yet.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I suppose if Ballance fails we could get rid of him for india, not liking the side as opined there, same failed top order worse lower-middle order, and weaker bowling.

apart from that it's great.....

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Putting Hameed in after one game would have essentially been admitting the selection for the First Test was wrong, as opposed to Ballance running out of chances. I didn't think that was likely to happen, I'm not sure they would readily admit fault like that. This management has shown a tendency to stick with batsmen through a series unless it's beyond doubt they need to change.

I also don't see how changing the bowling up would be arrogant. None of the spinners are demanding selection so it's fair to give Ansari a try. Plus, as I've said before, Woakes is the sixth most important bowler in these conditions, coming out of a summer where he played practically every game. This is a long winter. Pakistan rotated frontline seamers all series and most of us thought that was the right thing to do. Resting Broad would be a bit much though, I agree, he didn't even play the ODIs.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Pitch for the test,

For this they should go for,

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Mominul
4. Mahmudullah
5. Mushfiq
6. Shakib
7. Shabbir
8. Mosaddek
9. Mehedi
10. Taijul
11. Subashis

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Might do a bit off the seam then for pace bowlers?
Looking like a result producing pitch. This should be another good game. Not sure how much the cracks will get wider as the days progress. If there's rain tomorrow then there might be some moisture underneath when the game starts after the day.