• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

viriya

International Captain
Just realized that this is Sabbir's first Test.. what a match to start a career on - imagine if he had pulled it off?!

burr

State Vice-Captain
It was the first innings collapse and deficit that did them in. Good match, shame about the outcome.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was the first innings collapse and deficit that did them in. Good match, shame about the outcome.
Yeah certainly their biggest failing in this match. They went from 221-4 to 248 all out and ended up losing by 22 runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah certainly their biggest failing in this match. They went from 221-4 to 248 all out and ended up losing by 22 runs.
Possibly, but I do get the distinct feeling that if Bangers needed 250, they would have managed to fall 20 runs short. They're just that sort of team atm, lacking self belief of getting over the line against decent sides.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Possibly, but I do get the distinct feeling that if Bangers needed 250, they would have managed to fall 20 runs short. They're just that sort of team atm, lacking self belief of getting over the line against decent sides.
Really? Whys that? Hardly like they've lost (or played) all that much in 2015-2016.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Really? Whys that? Hardly like they've lost (or played) all that much in 2015-2016.
Still never beaten one of the top 8 nations in tests (not counting that amputated WI side back in 2009). I do think that there's a psychological barrier around that. But the matches where they are competitive are undeniably becoming more common.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea no, this loss wasn't a meek capitation under the pressure of clearing the final hurdle like so many of BD's past defeats. Just like how everytime SA lose from a position of strength it isn't a choke.

Coming back from conceding a first innings lead on this surface against that England lineup was always gonna be tough. They bat deep and had a good bowling attack. Stokes and Broad were fantastic with the old ball. BD gave it all in their runchase, batted well and took few risks, but ultimately ran out of batting depth. It happens.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Still never beaten one of the top 8 nations in tests (not counting that amputated WI side back in 2009). I do think that there's a psychological barrier around that. But the matches where they are competitive are undeniably becoming more common.
Threatened South Africa last year if not for rain.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea I like this XI. Even Nasir in for Moses and Taskin in for Abu Hider makes sense. BD really just need a fast bowler to swing the new ball and reverse swing the old, and Taskin can do that just fine and can hide out at fine leg for the rest of the innings. Nasir bowls a bit of seam up too IIRC, but Moses is the better bat and has really nice offbreaks.

What I really hope for the next test tho is for BD to regroup and come out there and play with the same level of discipline, intensity and self belief that they did in this match. Too often have we seen them put up a stunning performance only to follow it up with a poor one. We now know they are capable of actually playing like a proper Test side. They just need to keep on doing it.
Ok, Mosaddek is Moses. I was repeatedly wondering who Moses was after repeated comments from ***** about an awesome young talent in Moses. Just got it.

cnerd123

likes this
Ok, Mosaddek is Moses. I was repeatedly wondering who Moses was after repeated comments from ***** about an awesome young talent in Moses. Just got it.
Mustafizur = Fizzy
Mossadek = Moses
Mehedi Hasan Miraz = Nickname to be determined; I wanted to use Razzy but RazzMaTazz of Mirage both appeal to me too. Some people want to call him Mahedi.