• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
All you guys lack in reading comprehension skills

I didn't say Jadeja is world's 2nd best spinner. Read again.

He is the best '2nd spinner'.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have time for Rashid. At least he can take wickets. Having a leg spinner in the side can be a huge positive.

91Jmay

International Coach
All you guys lack in reading comprehension skills

I didn't say Jadeja is world's 2nd best spinner. Read again.

He is the best '2nd spinner'.
Considering I caught it and agreed with you, perhaps your reading comprehension needs work.

viriya

International Captain
Wow just watched the highlights.. what a way to lose it.. Dharmasena coulda been a bit more conservative there..

viriya

International Captain
The most crushing part of this is that the crowd cheers when they see "Impact: outside off".. without realizing that it doesn't matter.

:cry:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes. Has a five wicket haul v Pakistan. Four tests is a small sample size. Did take wickets in this match as well actually.
First Class average of 35 doesn't suggest any great wicket-taking ability either. He is a poor man's version of Imran Tahir - can take wickets only when batsmen have no other option than hitting.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The most crushing part of this is that the crowd cheers when they see "Impact: outside off".. without realizing that it doesn't matter.

:cry:
Bangladeshi cricket fans in general don't understand cricket much (of course there are notable exceptions).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
First Class average of 35 doesn't suggest any great wicket-taking ability either. He is a poor man's version of Imran Tahir - can take wickets only when batsmen have no other option than hitting.
Oh god, let's not go by stats. Poor man's version of Imran Tahir is also such a weird expression to use here. With more overs under his belt, I can see him gaining more confidence in tests. Not sure if England has enough patience for it though. His spell in the middle of the day yesterday was most impressive for me. Had got a nice rhythm going at the time.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For the record, Swann didn't have a great first class average either. You can't go by that. Rashid's weakness is he bowls some lose balls at times. However, he can mix things up by pitching it full and at a good length which I like.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Oh god, let's not go by stats.
Why o why? After many matches against sub-standard batsmen of spin he averages 35! And we are supposed to completely ignore that and hope he turns out a real wicket-taking threat in test matches where batsmen actually know how to play spin? The only way to justify his selection in the England team is to admit that England haven't got any test standard spin bowler, so any half-decent twirler is welcome.