• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any bets on us losing a wicket here? I reckon 281 is a good total, if they bowl as well/we bat as badly as last time.

Gnske

Shot was on tbh, if anyone could have cleared that he could. Just unlucky a fielder was there.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shot was on tbh, if anyone could have cleared that he could. Just unlucky a fielder was there.
Still there's a time and place for a shot like that. I don't think the second ball of the innings is like that.....

Gnske

Still there's a time and place for a shot like that. I don't think the second ball of the innings is like that.....
It was a terrible ball that deserved to be punished, a weaker soul would have left it. The intent was good.

The only fault was that Joe was clearly betrayed by his own lack of belief in the shot. You could see with how he reluctantly rolled with it. Bancroft would have limp-dicked it on to his own stumps or something.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a terrible ball that deserved to be punished, a weaker soul would have left it. The intent was good.

The only fault was that Joe was clearly betrayed by his own lack of belief in the shot. You could see with how he reluctantly rolled with it. Bancroft would have limp-dicked it on to his own stumps or something.
A 'weaker soul' wouldn't be out. Having said that I agree that there was nothing wrong with going after the ball, but damn was the execution appalling.

TheJediBrah

Very surprised to come home and see SL all out for 281. Aus will need at least a 100 run 1st innings lead to be in the game, batting last.

Compton

International Debutant
1/11 off the first over. Are we sure that we are watching Test cricket here?
Sounds like Australia on a pitch that isn't a road tbh.

"DID THAT BALL JUST DEVIATE SLIGHTLY FROM WHERE IT OUGHT TO HAVE BOUNCED?"

"YES, SLASH AT IT!"

morgieb

Very surprised to come home and see SL all out for 281. Aus will need at least a 100 run 1st innings lead to be in the game, batting last.
Yeah I want 400+ here. The pitch is probably good enough to get there but our batting isn't.

Gnske

Warner authoring yet another grand innings here, the intent is great, the strokes sublime.

91Jmay

International Coach
There is no earthy reason why Angelo should have bowled himself 3 out of 9 overs so far when they have another pacer in the side. Even for him that is bafflingly dopey captaincy.