• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think the first test is a wonderful betting opportunity. I think Pakistan has at least the same chance as England. England batting order has at least 3 black holes (Hales, Ballance, Vince). Their bowling is good - but James Anderson's absence will test them on this flat Lord's track against a very experienced middle-order. I'm expecting great things from Amir, and Yasir Shah can be quite handful against England's lower-middle order which is largely untested against top-quality spin at best (I'll really miss James Taylor for the first time).

4.5 is a great odd under these circumstances. I've grabbed it with both hands.
The 3 black holes get a combined score of 28. :D

I think I'll be referring to this post many times during the next few days.

smash84

The Tiger King
The 3 black holes get a combined score of 28. :D

I think I'll be referring to this post many times during the next few days.
you've been fairly on the money on this one, except misbah outdid shafiq but it could have gone either way

anil1405

International Captain
Moeen will struggle to score runs against this attack. Woakes is probably the only reliable bat in the English lower order.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pakistan has been a terrific side over the last 30 months or so. They have been quite un-Pakistan in this regard. England has a few holes in their line up and this is going to be a tough, hard test series. Didn't expect Pakistan to be this competitive in England. As a fan of competitive test series, I am hooked to this one.

I wonder what changes England needs in the long run.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow that was quite uncharacteristic from Botham. Usually he would criticise the Root dismissal in a way as if no one else has ever played a rash shot against a spinner, least of all Botham himself...like when he would respond to a no ball with "you should never ever bowl a no ball". This time he actually had the decency to say "yeah it happens..we all do it'

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Stokes has improved rapidly and England have been missing him badly and we are just two days into the series.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder what changes England needs in the long run.
England does have a brittle middle order but their batting depth is compensating. I think another good opener with Cook and Hales moving into the middle may be good. Very disappointed in Finn, don't think he is doing his ability justice.

I am mildly amused that it is the spinner on the 2nd day in Eng that is making england so uncomfortable. Contest feels nice and tight at the moment. Will Pakistan bowling overcome their fielding and will the English lower order continue to shine. Good test.

Niall

International Coach
Didn't you put money on him? Or you were interested in the odds?
I tipped him up at 11/1 to be top series Pakistan batsman, obviously behind Misbah, but from what we seen, doubt will many outscore him this series.

So bet is still very much on:)

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
In all fairness our 3/4/5 have done better here than they were doing against Sri Lanka. Lowest of low bars.

Hard to see how this batting line up will do anything more than get destroyed in India.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A constant in Yasir's career so far has been his improvement as a cricketer. Seems a far better cricketer every 6 months or so.