• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Still a very ordinary catching side. Shelled chances in UAE, SA, against Sri Lanka.

Will cost us series.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never been Stokes' biggest fan, but is Stokes really a certainty in the team? Sky keep saying that there's one spare spot which Woakes, Finn and Ball are fighting for because Anderson, Broad and Stokes are certainties, but in my opinion Woakes is more of a certainty than Stokes.
Yes he's a certainty. More for his batting than his bowling.

Joe was very late in reacting to that. Two very similar drops today, not ones you can be too hard on. Decent comeback from Finn. I still think we shouldn't be discussing his place yet.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Asad Shafiq is lucky. The way things are going, he's likely to face a lot of overs from Moeen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never been Stokes' biggest fan, but is Stokes really a certainty in the team? Sky keep saying that there's one spare spot which Woakes, Finn and Ball are fighting for because Anderson, Broad and Stokes are certainties, but in my opinion Woakes is more of a certainty than Stokes.
Yes he is, can change a game with bat and ball and we have seen today how we miss someone who will catch the bloody thing which Stokes does.

Howe_zat

Audio File
When Woakes smashes a good Test attack all over the park we'll talk, until then he's competing as a bowler.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Yes he is, can change a game with bat and ball and we have seen today how we miss someone who will catch the bloody thing which Stokes does.
Stokes isn't consistent enough with the bat for a top 6 batsman, I genuinely think that Woakes is a better batsman and would score runs on a more consistent basis than Stokes. And catching should be a given, you don't pick someone cos they can take a slip catch.

smash84

The Tiger King
Stokes isn't consistent enough with the bat for a top 6 batsman, I genuinely think that Woakes is a better batsman and would score runs on a more consistent basis than Stokes. And catching should be a given, you don't pick someone cos they can take a slip catch.
tell that to kyear2.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes England's fielding goes down a notch or two without Stokes and Anderson, which is sort of thing that often goes under the radar.

Borthwick a good, regular slip fielder as well.

Scaly piscine

Stokes averages 40 at 6.

Woakes has once scored above 26.

smash84

The Tiger King
Fielding has cost Pakistan so many matches its not even funny. If Pakistan even had average international level fielding their win/loss ratio would have been significantly better

Scaly piscine

Moeen seems to be bowling quite fast for a spinner, high 50s. Don't remember him bowling that quick so often when he wasn't averaging 40+

Niall

International Coach
This is nearly over, Shafiq or bust.

When the hell will we get a competitive and interesting test series ?