• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Finn bowling absolute gash here. We have 3 bowlers at the moment.
Yup. Before long, they're going to have a score that is at least competitive against our batting, especially if Amir is bowling as well as we've read.

91Jmay

International Coach
Pakistan need 150 more and they are in a solid position. This England batting line up should scare no one, especially against a balance Pakistan attack.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm I wonder if there's an argument for England playing 5 seamers as opposed to 4 seamers and a crap spinner?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm I wonder if there's an argument for England playing 5 seamers as opposed to 4 seamers and a crap spinner?
It would be if we thought we could find five decent seamers. Based on today, we don't even have four.

Whilst I don't particularly rate Moeen, I can believe that a spinner could have something to offer after Day 3.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dropping Misbah is looking very very costly here. Two even sessions so far but the evening session on the first day is when good middle order players cash in.

Scaly piscine

It would be if we thought we could find five decent seamers. Based on today, we don't even have four.

Whilst I don't particularly rate Moeen, I can believe that a spinner could have something to offer after Day 3.
Well there's 3 playing. Anderson, Stokes and Wood to come back.

I can't see any of the spinners being useful. Although next Test is at Old Trafford and spinners usually have a lot of overs there.

StephenZA

Fielding has not been impressive today from England...

(Maybe bring Jordan in as a 5th bowler :) )

Niall

International Coach
well did pakistan bring any other opener? I mean Hafeez and Shan Masood won't be able to score anything.
Its very tricky, Hafeez to be fair has done everything you could want in Asia and most specifically the UAE. He was excellent in the last series against England and his knock in the third test was absolute top class.

So he deserves the right to fail in this series I think.

Shan?

Mediocre as hell, who is lucky he actually is not an idiot unlike Shezhad who really should never have been dropped from the test side.

However, Pakistan simply not blessed with many opening options, they do have an A tour going on in England, so worst case scenario they may pull someone from their for the fourth test.

Credit where its due, this is a good partnership.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Its very tricky, Hafeez to be fair has done everything you could want in Asia and most specifically the UAE. He was excellent in the last series against England and his knock in the third test was absolute top class.

So he deserves the right to fail in this series I think.

Shan?

Mediocre as hell, who is lucky he actually is not an idiot unlike Shezhad who really should never have been dropped from the test side.

However, Pakistan simply not blessed with many opening options, they do have an A tour going on in England, so worst case scenario they may pull someone from their for the fourth test.

Credit where its due, this is a good partnership.

I honestly haven't watched a lot of cricket in last few years. I personally think, Shan Masood looks a lot better than Ahmed Shehzad.
Ahmed Shahzad used to be ok before he tried to look like Virat Kohli and copy everything Kohli does except for his batting.

Niall

International Coach
I honestly haven't watched a lot of cricket in last few years. I personally think, Shan Masood looks a lot better than Ahmed Shehzad.
Ahmed Shahzad used to be ok before he tried to look like Virat Kohli and copy everything Kohli does except for his batting.
Shezhad is a clown yes. He is also a very bad limited overs cricketer who has been given numerous chances and failed. He eats up dot balls and is absolute death in a chase.

However in test cricket he never did enough to warrant been dropped whatsoever.

Although who knows, no guarantee he would do well in England as its probably the toughest country to open in.

Pakistan don't have a Chris Rogers type experienced county championship batsman they can draft in for this series, so they have to hope that Shan somehow improves this Summer and Jimmy doesn't open the bowling:laugh:

I

Niall

International Coach
Pakistan could be 280/4 by the new ball here.
Maybe, but the new ball will be a real test of Misbah, didn't hang around long against Sussex when he had to deal with it.

This is a fine partnership from Pakistan, but still don't think its time for England to totally panic.