• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I used to be a Taita player, a few years ago now and down the grades. So I should have called myself Fraser Park, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it! How about you?
I know the Taita 3rd grade team very well as I was an Upper Hutt Stalwart for many years.

Did you ever play for that team?

I think Heath one of the posters here is an ex Taita man too.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I know the Taita 3rd grade team very well as I was an Upper Hutt Stalwart for many years.

Did you ever play for that team?

I think Heath one of the posters here is an ex Taita man too.
Nah I was a 2A man by the end of it (about 3 or 4 seasons ago) after debuting in the heady heights of 4C back in the late 90s! haha

The Hutt Rec

I like the idea of Guptill down the order too, similar to Astle a very clean striker but dodgy against a new ball in tests. Might struggle in middle order in sub-continent though.

As Brownlie is out of form, I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Flynn given another chance opening.
Yeah the Astle thing is sorta what I'm thinking! And similar to McCullum at the moment he could add impetus to the innings when required.

Not sure about Flynn, I was a big fan, but he's been given a lot of chances and never produced. Much like Guptill really!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nah I was a 2A man by the end of it (about 3 or 4 seasons ago) after debuting in the heady heights of 4C back in the late 90s! haha
Still reckon we might have crossed paths, before the amalgamated the divisions there was a Hutt Valley 2A grade (and before that a 2B grade). I can recall playing teams such as Taita black etc.

Anyway good to have you aboard :)

I prefer knowing you are from Taita rather than Hutt Districts as well :ph34r:

The Hutt Rec

Still reckon we might have crossed paths, before the amalgamated the divisions there was a Hutt Valley 2A grade (and before that a 2B grade). I can recall playing teams such as Taita black etc.

Anyway good to have you aboard :)

I prefer knowing you are from Taita rather than Hutt Districts as well :ph34r:
Yeah, there was Taita Red and Taita Black at one stage - I was in one of them, forget which one though!

Hutt Districts - the only team I've ever seen almost cause an all in brawl on the cricket field. What a club! :lol:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mad reverse here from Haze.

Someone needs to get Williamson a new bat face. The current one looks unkempt.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The New Zealand seamers were getting a bit of reverse around the 20-30 over period as well. Not this much, bit it was going. Stopped later on though.