• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Scott Styris said Latham had been 'outstanding' over the last 12 months...would be nice to get some impartiality.
He did qualify it with the fact that he has to stop giving away solid starts and that by outstanding, he meant the likelihood of Latham getting himself and the innings started was high which I agree with, but he gets himself out so brainlessly.

Stace

First Class Debutant
That's frustrating. Was actually there to hit, genuine half volley, but it looked like he was late on it if anything.

Actually that's also a stunning catch, didn't quite realise it live with my 'tv' quality.
Yeh I would guess he was late on it due to his mind set of leaving everything, all of a sudden he gets a ball to hit and goes at it a touch late.

Last edited:

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
These massive appeals from Australia without referring shows how much gaming the umpires occurs.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Very impressive from Aus against NZ's two best test batsmen in this XI. Hope NZ bowl with the same discipline against Smith and Khawaja.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd love Baz to come out and smite a double hundred. I'll go pray on that while I hit some golf; later guys.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He did qualify it with the fact that he has to stop giving away solid starts and that by outstanding, he meant the likelihood of Latham getting himself and the innings started was high which I agree with, but he gets himself out so brainlessly.
So not really outstanding at all, given his job isn't to make 30.

I get the Latham love in parts, he LOOKS like he's well put together as a batsman. But he has absolutely no idea what his game is. He's still far too vulnerable outside off stump, and probably has too many shots given the variety of ways he gets out. Others might say that dismissal was there to put away, I say on morning one on a particularly green and bouncey one, he's gone way outside his eye line without any truly discernible feet. It's just so frustrating that he's made all these starts against Australia, in terms of runs and balls, and produced an average of at a guess 20.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus Tom you just shouldn't be getting out like that.
TBF on Latham, at least it's generally the only way he looks like he's going to be dismissed, Guptill seems to have about 10 ways.

But yeah *** shot nonetheless & your theory of Latham tiring mentally after about an hour of more of batting seems bang-on.

Meridio

International Regular
Those two balls there are the first slightly loose deliveries for about 10 overs. Well done to Nicholls for playing them perfectly.