• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Recallng Bopara is bat**** insane but the rest of that order is more or less what I've advocated for a while.

Roy deserves a longer go but I just don't really have any faith.
Also Bopara scored 71 not out off 43 balls today and then followed it up with 6-16 from 4 overs in the pakistani super league...

91Jmay

International Coach
Bopara as a T20 WC replacement isn't a bad shout if Stokes gets injured given his form but nah his ODI time is done.

Good start but need another couple quickly, in particular QDK as he will just take the game away from us in < 10 overs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bopara as a T20 WC replacement isn't a bad shout if Stokes gets injured given his form but nah his ODI time is done.

Good start but need another couple quickly, in particular QDK as he will just take the game away from us in < 10 overs.
As he seems to be intent on doing. Talented boy.

Watching him in this series, he seems to be making that transition from someone I'd barely heard of a little while back into one of our most worrysome opponents.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So when does the dew become a problem for our spinners? It's looking like we may need something special from them today.

They're just picking off a boundary an over, aren't they. And without doing anything silly. This is looking all too easy. Class telling afaics.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Still a walk in the park for South Africa. But glad to see a fightback after the disatrous start.

Oh hales man, have to be taking that. Why is he in the slips anyway, he's one of the worst fielders in the side:blink:

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
I mean I'm pleased with the result (barracking for SA) but how is that umpires call? Basically everything was hitting.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep another example of how ludicrous the umpire's call margin can be.

Edit: Dropped chances, though, are nobody's fault but our own.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bowlers must be wondering why they bother with our number of dropped catches. Just give them the game , eh.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting pissed off trying to look up the DRS rules. Does the whole of the ball have to be hitting the stumps for an lbw to be overturned or just more than half?