• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't comment on it before, but Guptill not being picked up for the IPL really shows how warped and disconnected from reality the bidding process is.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I didn't comment on it before, but Guptill not being picked up for the IPL really shows how warped and disconnected from reality the bidding process is.
Was hoping he'd get picked. A diet of non-stop games in the subcontinent would round off his limited overs game nicely.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ack KW's been flat out average in LO's this summer. Finger's crossed he's saving his best for the tests.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When asked by someone why Khawaja wasn't picked up, one of the so-called experts replied that possibly it was because he was born in Pakistan.

Someone then pointed out that Azhar Mahmood has played in the IPL despite being born in and having played international cricket for Pakistan.

"Yes but he is a British citizen."

I think that you can take from that you'll never get an answer that makes much sense as to why Guptill wasn't picked

jonbrooks

International Debutant
McCullum's innings today summed up his ODI career quite nicely.

1) He got off to a good start
2) He scored at better than a run a ball
3) He hit some sixes
4) He gave his wicket away when we need him to carry on

jonbrooks

International Debutant
We needed one of McCullum, Williamson or Guptill to kick on and score a big one but they're all out now. Not a good situation for NZ to be in.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
What's a good score and how many can our middle order get?

Ground is small, I reckon the Aussies will be fine chasing 330.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
We needed one of McCullum, Williamson or Guptill to kick on and score a big one but they're all out now. Not a good situation for NZ to be in.
I know it's his last game, but I feel if McCullum had batted more sensibly he could have batted Aus out of the game...