• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did a first today, recorded the game on mysky, and got through the entire day without knowing what was going on (with the exception of accidentally turning on the wireless to hear NZ were batting at one stage). It's actually quite cool fast-forwarding between deliveries & watching an entire ODI game in about 2 hours if you've never tried it. Exciting game.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
This series could easily have been 2-2 if today had been a bit better for SL. You've had some good finds on this tour, Siriwardana especially looks like he could be a player for the future.
Yes Siriwardena looked a decent find in his first series for us against Pakistan, only thing is at his age, he don't have that much time... I think Chameera and Pradeep have also gained a lot from this tour and need to continue to gain experience.Vandersay looked ok too. Kapugedara and thirrimanne have shown that they need to do better. I also expected more from lakmal tbh..
The thing that worries me is that we seem to have the same players circulating in the pool and we must have other youngsters kicking around with some ability?

_Ed_

Gunathilaka showed a lot of potential in this series as well. His innings in Nelson was out of this world and set his team on course for victory - our bowlers were left kind of shellshocked afterwards.

BeeGee

International Captain
The game NZ lost was the only game Henry didn't play. Coincidence? I think not.

He has bowled superbly in this series (13 wickets at 9.4 and 4.11 econ).

Zinzan

Will probably be considered sacrilege to some on here, but for me NZ's ODI side is now undoubtedly stronger without Tim Southee in the XI.

Especially considering since his amazing 7-fer vs. England (which really is looking more and more an anomaly), he's played 11 matches, has 8 wickets @ 74 with an ER of 6.78.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I wouldn't have him in the XI. I recall a while back he was supposed to be our go-to death bowler but it seems pointless now that our strategy is to bowl the other team out.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Has Boult been exceptional post-injury though? He's been well and truly off in Tests (though started to get some rhythm back), and at this stage I think Boult's Test performances post-injury are more indicative of how he'd go in an ODI starting tomorrow than Boult's ODI performances in the World Cup.

_Ed_

Boult was okay yesterday, but his pace was still down and he was flattered a bit by his figures.

Zinzan

Has Boult been exceptional post-injury though? He's been well and truly off in Tests (though started to get some rhythm back), and at this stage I think Boult's Test performances post-injury are more indicative of how he'd go in an ODI starting tomorrow than Boult's ODI performances in the World Cup.
What do Boult's hypothetical post-injury ODI performances have to do with Southee's actual post 7-fer numbers I posted above? They're utterly diabolical in anyone's language.

NZ ODI pace bowlers I'd select in the final XI above Southee if a WC being played tomorrow;

Boult
Milne
Henry &
Bracewell (Yes, Bracewell)

Athlai

Not Terrible
In the one match he played since he bowled actually really well in the Adelaide Test?
Boult has just looked awful lately

Brisbane - spud
Perth - spud
Adelaide - bowled well but still looked a little short on rhythm, pink ball shenanigans?!??!?!?!
Dunedin - probably our worst, 50% spud
Hamilton - probably our worst, 50% spud
Da Mount - decent enough but he doesn't look like Boult

Give us back Boult circa 2014/15

Athlai

Not Terrible
What do Boult's hypothetical post-injury ODI performances have to do with Southee's actual post 7-fer numbers I posted above? They're utterly diabolical in anyone's language.

NZ ODI pace bowlers I'd select in the final XI above Southee if a WC being played tomorrow;

Boult
Milne
Henry &
Bracewell (Yes, Bracewell)
Milne and Bracewell? You're drunk.