• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 Final Test Rankings - Steve Smith #1, Williamson #2, Voges #11

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think it's just saying "anyone bowling any type of spin could do anything on any pitch in that series"

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you mean rev/revs? If so, your post about language got a whole lot dumber.
You need to stop posting, and stop embarrassing yourself. I'm saying this to be nice to you.

"Rotations" and "revolutions" mean effectively the same thing in the English language, and exactly the same in this context. I'm not one to have a go at someone for trying to speak a language they aren't familiar with but when you start with asinine responses like yours there's really nowhere else to go.

Your really need to stop.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jadeja no. 6 test bowler . . . puts the deservedness of Ashwin's no. 1 ranking under doubt. Playing as a spinner regularly on the pitches India have been dishing and anyone would dominate.

Steyn, Broad et al unlucky
Sure... Hazelwood and Philander's rankings don't put doubts about Broad or Steyn's? 8-)

Chrish

International Debutant
Personally don't rate any runs made in Australia in last few years.. Not by Kohli or smith or Warner or Williamson or any other bat

Daemon

..wait hb you think Ashwin is the best bowler in the world? Jadeja at #6 is really dumb and there's no shame in admitting the rankings aren't reflective of reality.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do they, though? You can hardly argue that last summer's MCG and SCG pitches and this summer's Perth pitch really helped us in any significant way.

Certainly we're better equipped to bowl out sides on flat decks than many other teams, but I still think more traditional, faster Australian decks would have been preferred by all.

Maybe not by Voges :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, true. I don't think that's really helped us overall though, because I reckon we'd win on slightly spicier pitches anyway (so long as they were fast) and would be better suited for trickier conditions overseas.

Maybe, but I guess the powers that be in the Australian Team may not share that opinion. They are ok to trade in a few draws every home series as long as they can ensure only they can win the series. Used to happen in India plenty in the 90s and heck, even in 2000s. Prepare absolute flat tracks and hope they break up over days 4 and 5 and hope again that our spinners are good enough to eke out the win in those 6 sessions.

TheJediBrah

Maybe, but I guess the powers that be in the Australian Team may not share that opinion. They are ok to trade in a few draws every home series as long as they can ensure only they can win the series. Used to happen in India plenty in the 90s and heck, even in 2000s. Prepare absolute flat tracks and hope they break up over days 4 and 5 and hope again that our spinners are good enough to eke out the win in those 6 sessions.
ugh. No. Nothing even remotely like that is happening. That's what the last few pages of this thread have largely been about, Australia needs to start taking advantage of home conditions by preparing conducive conditions, which they haven't at all lately. Often the opposite has been happening .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So its not a batting paradise, you cant say its a batting paradise when teams cant score enough runs to win a match. If it was a batting paradise then surely the batsmen would have the upper hand over the bowlers. How does it work when its a batting paradise but the bowlers are winning the match.

Just like how Indian pitches are not at all difficult to score 200+ on and it is just because visiting teams suck and our team is the much better cricket team in those that they keep losing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So many errors I don't even know where to start, firstly, Steyn and Philander only played one test, in which they bowled decently. Secondly Morkel actually was SA's standout bowler despite Harmer taking more wickets. Another thing, if you bowl well on pitches that offer a bit to the spinners than you CAN ACTUALLY take wickets, SHOCKING isn't it? Harmer actually bowled well for most of his wickets and got put away when not bowling well, the different between Indian spinners and SA spinners was that SA's spinners simply weren't able to put the ball on good areas consistently enough to close out Indian innings, whereas Indian spinners were at SA all the time. Lastly this India batting line up is much weaker overall than the previous generation, so a bunch of low scores isn't that surprising.

Your comments about Indian pitches in this topic clearly demonstrate the fact that you haven't actually watched any matches that took place in India over the years and just read up a scorecard and make generalized statements.

The Channel 9 generation. Cricket is only when it happens in Australia.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you mean just in the very recent past, this simply isn't true. The Aus team have been very public in thinking that the tracks over the last 18 months have been too flat.

TheJediBrah

yeah I must have missed all non-Channel 9 Tests where Jadeja became the 6th best bowler in the world

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ugh. No. Nothing even remotely like that is happening. That's what the last few pages of this thread have largely been about, Australia needs to start taking advantage of home conditions by preparing conducive conditions, which they haven't at all lately. Often the opposite has been happening .

If they prepare really fast tracks that aid swing, their bowlers will be lethal but their batsmen will fall over just like the Indian batsmen were in good spinning conditions earlier this year. Australia are simply doing what India did in the 2000s and yes, that is still taking the home advantage and ensuring they get pitches that they have the best chance to win on, but of course, in this case, it is also ensuring that they get the type of pitches where the opposition has almost zero chance to win on. There is nothing wrong with it but you people have to quit pretending as if this Aussie team is God's gift to cricket and they play on any wicket given to them without a whimper. They are obviously playing their home tests on pitches which give the opposition the worst chance to beat them in.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah I must have missed all non-Channel 9 Tests where Jadeja became the 6th best bowler in the world

Well, I am sure you were better served watching Voges become the 11th best batsman in the world on roads prepared to ensure Australia cannot ever lose their home tests ...

TheJediBrah

If they prepare really fast tracks that aid swing, their bowlers will be lethal but their batsmen will fall over just like the Indian batsmen were in good spinning conditions earlier this year. Australia are simply doing what India did in the 2000s and yes, that is still taking the home advantage and ensuring they get pitches that they have the best chance to win on, but of course, in this case, it is also ensuring that they get the type of pitches where the opposition has almost zero chance to win on. There is nothing wrong with it but you people have to quit pretending as if this Aussie team is God's gift to cricket and they play on any wicket given to them without a whimper. They are obviously playing their home tests on pitches which give the opposition the worst chance to beat them in.
sorry but that's just completely and utterly false. Go back through the thread, been explained ad nauseam. Go back like 1 year ago and we prepared slow, dead, even turning tracks when India toured. If the curators wanted or were able to help the Aus team they would have made fast, bouncy wickets and Aus would have won 4-0 at a canter.

Well, I am sure you were better served watching Voges become the 11th best batsman in the world
lol this was a good point though

until you ruined it with this dumb ****:

on roads prepared to ensure Australia cannot ever lose their home tests ...