• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL 55/45 favs imo even with their poor recent form. Looks like a good wicket with really short boundaries in places, I'd say a par of 290.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Ha ha, dream scenario for Southee. Gotta feel for the fielding side there.
Nah they had chances but fielded ****, they were lucky NZ batted poorly, they wont feel happy but they have got a very chaseable score.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
yeah true they collapse for 80 giving everyone some entertainment - good point.
Ya that's what I meant - it's a largely inexperienced side full of aggressive batsmen. Chandimal, Siriwardena, Dilshan, Mathews are all very aggressive and make for entertaining cricket. They are no SA, Aus or Ind but they are the complete opposite of Pakistan. What do you prefer - watch Azhar Ali and Ahmed Shahzad defend and get reduced to 30/3 after 10 overs, or watch the SL batsmen hit out and sometimes get reduced to 30/3 after 5 overs? I prefer the later - especially given that the likes of Chandimal have it in them to score big when they click (which Pakistan never will).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Looking like a wicket for the slow bowlers. Wonder if Kane will bowl himself. We might even see Nicholls roll his arm over for the hell of it.

Zinzan

Inexperienced captaincy from KW. No point sitting and watching while momentum is with the opposition.

vandem

International 12th Man
This is good. NZ seamers need to re-learn death bowling. Was some average stuff on the Eng tour and Southee has been bad today, bowling both sides of the wicket.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Bloody excellent batting by SL. They've played well

Black caps need some good hard games leading up to the oz series.

Last edited:

Zinzan

So since his amazing 7-fer vs. England, Southee's played 11 matches, has 8 wickets @ 74 with an ER of 6.78 :blink: