• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oceania Test XI

1. Hayden
2. Williamson
3. Bradman
4. Ponting
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Chris Cairns
7. Gilchrist (wk)
8. Warne
9. Hadlee
10. Bond if uninjured, Lillee otherwise
11. McGrath
Fun biased humour aside, now for the real Oceania Test XI ..

Trumper
Morris
Bradman
Chappell
Ponting
Miller
Gilchrist +
Hadlee
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ Wouldn't lose much trading Ponting for either Border or S Waugh at 5 btw, but Ponting marginally...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd take Williamson over Chappell tbh. I think the reasoning is pretty self-explanatory, given the two names.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Williamson has to have a pretty great career to overcome Greg Chappell who averaged 50 at time when the amount of ATG bowlers knocking around has been unmatched.

indiaholic

International Captain
If this Williamson circle jerk doesn't end, I have a feeling it will lead to a set of people similar to the ones who go around belittling Tendulkar because they see it as their duty to restore balance to a world overrun by Tendulkar worshippers.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson has to have a pretty great career to overcome Greg Chappell who averaged 50 at time when the amount of ATG bowlers knocking around has been unmatched.
Yeah but Chappell is a **** and Kane's worst attribute is his unpaid primary school library fine. I never said it was rational.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If this Williamson circle jerk doesn't end, I have a feeling it will lead to a set of people similar to the ones who go around belittling Tendulkar because they see it as their duty to restore balance to a world overrun by Tendulkar worshippers.
He does follow in the footsteps of Tendulkar not just in style of batting but also in the 'hallowed likeable cricketers encouraging a cult' aspect.

Gob

International Coach
I don't let what other people think alter my opinion on players but i certainly think Williamson is getting massively over rated here.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah but Chappell is a **** and Kane's worst attribute is his unpaid primary school library fine. I never said it was rational.
If not being a **** was the criteria of making an ATG side you'd have about 6 empty spots.