• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
That was some of the cleanest striking I've ever seen from Guptill.

Had a feeling the team was auditioning for a Black Caps post-Baz in this match. If Latham opens with Guptill, will Guptill take on the role of the hitter? It's very rare that even McCullum plays an innings as good as Guptill did today.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see Guptill's hit 452 fours (97 sixes) in 117 innings vs. Taylor's 460 (118) in 154 innings.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So is Guptill our GOAT ODI opener? Surely only Glenn Turner is in the conversation with him at this point.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Yeah. I was a huge fan of Astle during his career, but Guptill has to have left him behind now.

Zinzan

So is Guptill our GOAT ODI opener? Surely only Glenn Turner is in the conversation with him at this point.
Yup Guptill & Turner to open, pushing Astle out of the XI IMO, even though lessening the bowling depth somewhat.

Guptill
Turner
KW
Crowe
Taylor
McCullum+
Cairns
Vettori
Hadlee
Bond
Mills/Chatfield

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yup Guptill & Turner to open, pushing Astle out of the XI IMO, even though lessening the bowling depth somewhat.

Guptill
Turner
KW
Crowe
Taylor
McCullum+
Cairns
Vettori
Hadlee
Bond
Mills/Chatfield
Which Cairns?

Would probably go Boult over Mills for the sake of really aggressive cricket (TM), assuming Baz is the captain here.

Edit: I reckon that ODI team would stand up well to any other nation's ATG ODI side apart from WI.

Last edited: