• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who was it that just said he should average 60 or more at the end of his career he is that good?

Worst shout ever.
60 just does not happen does it. Having said that it will interesting to see if someone can do it in the next decade or so, it sort of should be possible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
there's something about 4th innings tons in successful chases

EDIT: **** sorry I thought that 4 brought it up - I'm following on Cricinfo.
ok...

"there's something about 4th innings tons in successful chases"

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
60 just does not happen does it. Having said that it will interesting to see if someone can do it in the next decade or so, it sort of should be possible.
I'd love him too as it will be great to watch but can't see it happening for anyone likely to play over 100 games.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So strange how before this year there was still at least a potential argument that Williamson might be juuuust behind Taylor as our best bat, and now closing out the year he is proving himself to be better than even Crowe.

He has now caught up to Taylor's hundreds and in a year, maybe two he'll probably go past Crowe's as well.

With 13 hundreds at 25 he has joined the ranks of Tendulkar, Bradman, Cook (I mean, he did play a lot of games) and Sobers.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So strange how before this year there was still at least a potential argument that Williamson might be juuuust behind Taylor as our best bat, and now closing out the year he is proving himself to be better than even Crowe.

He has now caught up to Taylor's hundreds and in a year, maybe two he'll probably go past Crowe's as well.

With 13 hundreds at 25 he has joined the ranks of Tendulkar, Bradman, Cook (I mean, he did play a lot of games) and Sobers.
Was just about to say it almost like going back 20 years and the plaudits that Tendulkar was getting. He is that good. Some player and he makes you smile how he plays not like a Cook or a Trott he is a Bell with more class.

Jezroy

State Captain
We've potentially got the following in the next 15 months...

2 vs Aus (h)

2 vs Zim
2 vs SA
3 vs Ind (all away)

2 vs Bang
2 vs Pak
3 vs SA

16 tests in the next little while according to FTP?!

Jeepers. Kane should break Crowe's record by then. Maybe up to 20?

Meridio

International Regular
Ha, so Kane needs a single, then Watling to block out the rest of the over. Then he needs to hit a six for the 50 average.