• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Missed the last few wickets of SL's brainless short ball slogathon and then our innings as was at a Christmas thing.

Srisly, you see how SL batted and then Latham, Taylor and McCullum get out like that?!
Thank God for Kane. Taylor and BMac being the senior men ought to assume FAR more responsibility in situations like this. Will cut Latham some slack but he seems to have been throwing his wicket away all summer long. think NZ just about have this covered but Chameera and Angelo have been in over-my-dead-body mode in this test.

If a wicket should fall with 30+ still to get, it may not be the worst idea to send in Southee and try and limit the deficit before Bracewell and Wagner are exposed.

Last edited:

Flametree

International 12th Man
Woke up to check the scorecard and not hugely surprised that once the Kiwis got Mathews, apart from Siriwardana,the others folded..don't worry NZ you got this in the bag..
Again from the bits I saw,our batters seemed to have gone back into their shell after the openers went.. .haven't they learned that you simply can't let the kiwi bowlers have it their own way and that, as in the first innings,attack can be the best defence?

Chameera is showing his potential and I just hope the lad stays injury free.We need to get pradeeps no ball problem sorted then once Prasad and Eranga come back from injury(if ever in last case) we have a reasonable pace attack.well don't to NZ on a fantastic come back and I am sure a win that will be yours...
So you think pretty much the entire team hooking down long-leg's throat (apart from the guy who sliced to third man) is your batters going back into their shell?

Meridio

International Regular
Decent score to wake up to, but a lot obviously depending on Kane. Bizarre day of cricket really, I can only there's a new local P lab, and the fumes have been causing the exaggeration of aggressive personality traits [/obviousHamiltonjoke]

YorksLanka

International Debutant
So you think pretty much the entire team hooking down long-leg's throat (apart from the guy who sliced to third man) is your batters going back into their shell?
I didn't see all the wickets but the ones I saw were tame flicks off the legs/hips which were caught leg side.what I meant was that we shouldn't simply allow the opposition bowlers to dictate-this was how we batted more positively in the first innings.

Since that was the case as you mentioned,then maybe our batsmen should have brought their brains out with them from the changing room to the crease..

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They needed to just weather the storm of short bowling and get a lead of 220-240. How different would this match look then.

Obv NZ can say the same thing about their dumb batting too.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Woke up to check the scorecard and not hugely surprised that once the Kiwis got Mathews, apart from Siriwardana,the others folded..don't worry NZ you got this in the bag..
Again from the bits I saw,our batters seemed to have gone back into their shell after the openers went.. .haven't they learned that you simply can't let the kiwi bowlers have it their own way and that, as in the first innings,attack can be the best defence?
Lol, this is furthest from truth. Were they showing a highlights package that doesn't show the wickets, 4s and 6s? SL batted like the stupidest bunch of teenagers; it looked a a few Afridis were batting in disguise.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to this morning. This could go down to the 10th wicket. Someone slap Trent Boult in the face and tell him to bat properly.

I was expecting people to be ripping into Brendon for his dismissal. It was simply unacceptable and the coach should be talking to him about if he is serious about being the captain or not. Captains don't get dismissed like that.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to this morning. This could go down to the 10th wicket. Someone slap Trent Boult in the face and tell him to bat properly.

I was expecting people to be ripping into Brendon for his dismissal. It was simply unacceptable and the coach should be talking to him about if he is serious about being the captain or not. Captains don't get dismissed like that.
Yup, it's a "here we go again" feeling with BMac, but I think everyone's waiting for the final result. NZ lose and BMac will really need to front up to some questions, NZ win and his pair of relatively restrained 18's suddenly become invaluable.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Convinced that the 'lose to win' strategy is an exhortation to never win comfortably. Use #muhaggression and #intent to get perilously close to losing before hoping somebody bails you out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Since McMillan came in as batting coach (NZ tour of WI Jun 2014) our team SR has been 56.38

Jan 2012 to Jun 2014? SR 49.46

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckless Sri Lanka speed their way to doom | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Imagine you are driving someplace. You are a little late. You know you probably shouldn't speed, but it's too tempting. As you press down on the accelerator, though, you pass a car that has just hit a tree. The bonnet is dented in. Brake fluid squirts in a comical parabola into some bushes. You speed on.

You soon come across another car wreck. This one has also hit a tree. The damage is even worse. There is detritus all over the tarmac. There is a seat near the middle divider. A blinking indicator light is somehow lodged in the tree's canopy. Heedlessly, you speed on.

Then another crash site, at yet another tree. This is the worst of the lot. A door has flown clean across the road. A tyre that was thrown upwards on impact is still high in the air, blotting out the sun. And the driver is doing laps around his ruined vehicle, screaming, because his pants are on fire. And you - you absolute idiot - you speed on.

The next tree, of course, has your car's name all over it. You drive into it. It is spectacular. The comical parabola of your brake fluid stretches all the way across the road, forming a sort of rainbow arch. Your tyre has basically gone into orbit. And you find yourself doing laps around the remains of your car, arms waving high in the air, pants, obviously, way on fire.

That is what Sri Lanka's innings was like today.
:lol: