• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Geez.... with the game in the balance, you'd expect our bowlers to fire up... A Chameera like spell could bring us back into this, but here they are sticking to a plan and expecting to roll this SL side for a chaseable total.

We've messed up, we need jaffas (yorkers and bouncers) not line and length bowling and waiting for a mistake.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A Chameera like spell could bring us back into this, but here they are sticking to a plan and expecting to roll this SL side for a chaseable total.
Yeah what a terrible idea to stick to a plan of good line and length.

Southee and Bracewell have actually bowled quite well. SL have batted well, conditions are decent for batting now and the handful of out-of-control shots haven't gone to hand, which happens sometimes.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
What a surprise, Wagner comes in running in hard and has created chances...

Stick to a line and length boys, you know, that's how SL rolled us yesterday....

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a surprise, Wagner comes in running in hard and has created chances...

Stick to a line and length boys, you know, that's how SL rolled us yesterday....
NZ posters getting blown the **** out by these hard hitting truths.

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah going searching for miracle balls is generally the first step to bowling ****e. We've bowled pretty well, Boult excepted, but SL have batted well and have had a bit of luck with plays-and-misses rather than edges and a few uncontrolled shots not going to hand.

Plus Southee, Boult, Bracewell are not the type of bowlers you want trying to bang it in.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Yeah going searching for miracle balls is generally the first step to bowling ****e. We've bowled pretty well, Boult excepted, but SL have batted well and have had a bit of luck with plays-and-misses rather than edges and a few uncontrolled shots not going to hand.

Plus Southee, Boult, Bracewell are not the type of bowlers you want trying to bang it in.
It doesn't need to be just jaffas, I went over the top asking for jaffas. All I want is more intensity and aggression (A lot of Chameeras wickets weren't jaffas, but he was attacking the batsmen and asking the batsmen questions). Bowling at a line and length in this situation on a flat wicket isn't going to get us nowhere. If we're any chance to win, we need to roll this SL side.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Better searching for the perfect delivery than waiting for a nick to come from bowling on a line and length when there is little out there.
what if I told you the "perfect deliveries" you see in the highlights only worked in the context of a succession of boring line and length deliveries

Meridio

International Regular
It doesn't need to be just jaffas, I went over the top asking for jaffas. All I want is more intensity and aggression (A lot of Chameeras wickets weren't jaffas, but he was attacking the batsmen and asking the batsmen questions). Bowling at a line and length in this situation on a flat wicket isn't going to get us nowhere. If we're any chance to win, we need to roll this SL side.
But Southee, Boult and Bracewell aren't those kind of bowlers. They're guys who look to put the ball on a good line and length and swing it, and they largely did that, though we tended to just drift into the pads a bit too often. But Southee went passed the edge a number of times, on another day he could've picked up a few wickets. There's still a bit of swing around; the best way for our attack to take wickets is always going to be to stick to our strengths.

Wagner though is a different kind of bowler, so I don't mind him trying something different. But we shouldn't just throw out the main plan if it doesn't work instantly.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's a nice bouncer.

Obviously set up by the excellent mega-high bouncer for five wides earlier in the over /CMPunk