• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah hard for me to tell, but I don't think he's hit that. Just missed the glove imo, and it looks like a deflection on the angle from behind because that part of his glove is red.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The more I see it the more horrible that 3rd umpire decision looks. I don't see any evidence to give that out at all, let alone enough evidence to overturn the on-field umpire's decision. Would be mad as an SL fan.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
What I like about that decision is that he didn't take the lack of hotspot or snicko as gospel as many third umps seem to. He looked at the delivery, and saw the ball change path as it passed the glove and used that as evidence. Hotspot and snicko don't always pick stuff up, especially on the glove.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The more I see it the more horrible that 3rd umpire decision looks. I don't see any evidence to give that out at all, let alone enough evidence to overturn the on-field umpire's decision. Would be mad as an SL fan.
Yeah, I'm having second thoughts about that decision.
I'm not convinced by that decision at all.
i can't be watching the same dismissal. Balls don't discretely change path in mid air without hitting something.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What I like about that decision is that he didn't take the lack of hotspot or snicko as gospel as many third umps seem to. He looked at the delivery, and saw the ball change path as it passed the glove and used that as evidence. Hotspot and snicko don't always pick stuff up, especially on the glove.
I don't see the ball change path though. Try watching the ball only and ignoring the glove, and you don't see the apparent change in path.