• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

jonbrooks

International Debutant
What's up with Taylor? He just doesn't look like he is all there. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits or something.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I know its a cliché but this a really good Test pitch, a good even contest between bat and ball exactly how it should be.

BeeGee

International Captain
Oh man... Sri Lanka did bat pretty well after all. Poor stuff from our top 3 after a dominating start
NZ batting poorly doesn't mean SL batted well, it just means NZ are batting poorly. The quality of SL's innings doesn't go up or down based on NZ innings.

SL are bowling well and NZ are plumbing new depths of batting stupidity.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Loving the way Chameera is bowling. It is awesome to watch a good fast bowler with his tail up. Nice backing up from Herath as well.

Howsie

International Captain
What's up with Taylor? He just doesn't look like he is all there. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits or something.
Those Polynesian genes. I've always doubted Taylor would make it to his mid 30's, nowhere near the same athlete he was even 3-4 years ago.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Yeah, I know right, i can't remember the last time he scored more than 290.
One swallow doesn't make a summer! Yes Taylor's 290 was brilliant but aside from that he hasn't done much. I'm too lazy to statsguru his efforts for this last year but I don't think they'll make good reading without the 290.

BeeGee

International Captain
I know its a cliché but this a really good Test pitch, a good even contest between bat and ball exactly how it should be.
I love this wicket. Especially the bounce. I hope we see more of these kinds of wickets in NZ.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Taylor has scored 601 runs this year of which almost half the runs have come from the one innings.

filtered 8 15 1 601 290 42.92 825 72.84 1 1 3 86 1

If you take the 290 out, Taylor has scored 311 runs from 14 innings with 1no. That's an average of only 23.92. Simply not good enough for a top order batsman.