• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I lose my mind when people go on about how we need a faster bowler in the team. Sure, it would be nice, but I'd take Glenn McGrath over Brett Lee.
It's not an either or thing though. Boult's pace is down because his action isn't quite right, which means his accuracy is also faltering. A bowler who is in rhythm will be bowling both at their quickest and most accurate.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
From a SL view, I am disappointed that silva isn't playing as I still really rate silva and Dimuth as an opening partnership. Mendis looks like a potential no3 and I am yet to be convinced by jayasundera..

Jezroy

State Captain
It's not an either or thing though. Boult's pace is down because his action isn't quite right, which means his accuracy is also faltering. A bowler who is in rhythm will be bowling both at their quickest and most accurate.
It's not an either or thing with Boult in his current form. You are correct. Boult's direction/rhythm/form are all affecting his pace.

I'm more referring to the masses of talkback callers that go on and on and on about "we need these guys to bowl 145km/h plus". No. We need them to bowl in the right areas. Especially on this pitch!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd take Boult off and get Doug on while the ball is still nice and hard. Hate to say it, Boult looks a real passenger at the moment.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like Lanka have had their fair share of luck, but needed it get by on this sort of track. What is with NZ and the catching these days?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Sounds like Lanka have had their fair share of luck, but needed it get by on this sort of track. What is with NZ and the catching these days?
Wouldn't say there's been that much luck. One drop, not that many play and misses, a few shots that have come off. They've done well.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Wagner hitting the stumps and the bail not dislodging!! That is luck! So unlucky for the kiwis

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I swear this isn't just a knee jerk but they put the stumps in way too firmly these days. Can't remember the last time I saw a stump fully cartwheel.

Meridio

International Regular
I have no idea how that ball from Bracewell didn't bowl him. You occasionally see that happen when the ball deflect on to the base of the stumps, but that's smashed into the top. Unbelievable.