• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Migara

International Coach
Santa has to be attacked. Mathews have to take on Wagner. Mathews took on a rampaging MJ in 2009 ODIs, then Morkel recently, taking on Wagner should be within his capabilities.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Who has more promise out of Vithinage sp and Siriwardane sp - Batsman, Vithanage, player - Siriwardane
Does Sri Lanka have the right team balance - No. Herath has to go out and Dilruwan Perera has to come in
Where should Angelo bat? - #5
Why to all three of those questions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He's very good, but he's not been at all effective in either of his last 2 tests in New Zealand - wasn't much better on the 2014 tour of England either.

Having said that, if there's any surface in the country that will give him something to work with, it's at Seddon Park.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
None are even remotely close. One isn't playing, one doesn't qualify and isn't near good enough, and one isn't good enough. In fact all three aren't. So not sure where hendrix is at
I basically don't follow domestic cricket. Carl Cachopa was the last middle order batsman I remember scoring lots of runs.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Michael Bracwell looked out of his depth against a rampaging Mitch on Sunday night. If McLeakinruns is too hot for you to handle then you have no chance against Mitchell Starc.

Players who Hurricane has written off as test prospects:
Macewell
Munro
Rutherford
Blundell
Alekz Day
Brownlie
Ronchi
Neesham
CDG
Kitchen
Broom
Nicol
....rt
Interesting list. I'd be comfortable with Ronchi as a short term prospect for Australia - has a test average of 59.50 after all 8-) I think you're the first person to mention Alecz Day in relation to test cricket, even if to rule him out.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we have a Will Young montage Kippax perfectly fine if it is one you have posted before...will give us something to debate.

Sorry should be in domestix
On holiday data atm, you see. Mike5181 made himself useful once and put up a Young 78 on a green top, but that'll be of dubious worth two years on. Search 'Will Young 78'.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a taste of Nicholls for overseas readers. A taste you could put on your front lawn if you want to keep Cribbage away from your home.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Here's some more qns - how much of a difference would Prasad have made in the test? - Massive difference. The final total would have been 50 - 60 runs less and possibly would have taken a session more to be scored
Chandiguns batted at 4 and kept, what is the highest someone has batted and kept and when was it (yes in tests)? - Opening
Who has more promise out of Vithinage sp and Siriwardane sp - Batsman, Vithanage, player - Siriwardane
Does Sri Lanka have the right team balance - No. Herath has to go out and Dilruwan Perera has to come in
Where should Angelo bat? - #5
Agree with all except getting rid of Herath as imo he just gives us an element of control..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya getting rid of Herath sounds a crazy idea.

On a separate note, will the SL pace battery produce a better performance on that greentop?

YorksLanka

International Debutant

On a separate note, will the SL pace battery produce a better performance on that greentop?
We produced more pace than the kiwis BUT what we lacked was the skill and variations that can only come from gaining more experience overseas - that's NOT me saying our bowlers where anywhere near as good as the Kiwis btw..I think Southee is fantastic, and was really impressed by bracewell and also Wagner..

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

The Dunedin pitch was a green-top on the first day. Not a rager but there was a bit of nip.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Cribbage, is $11 for Mathews 1st inns high wickets pretty good looking at this deck, or another ideological wetness on my part?

I almost needed the Depend adult undergarment, I had so many ideological wetnesses with my betting ideas in the 1st Test. Just as well I didn't take any of them onto my proper betslip in the end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey Cribbage, is $11 for Mathews 1st inns high wickets pretty good looking at this deck, or another ideological wetness on my part?

I almost needed the Depend adult undergarment, I had so many ideological wetnesses with my betting ideas in the 1st Test. Just as well I didn't take any of them onto my proper betslip in the end.
It's tempting. It probably is slight overs, but nothing extraordinary given he's unlikely to bowl enough overs to actually take the most wickets unless NZ get rolled, which I find unlikely within itself. "Unlikely" isn't a reason to avoid a 10/1 bet though, so I certainly wouldn't say it was a bad call.