• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

adub

International Captain
That pitch must be a slow, dead piece of ****

disgusting scoring rates
Yeah it looks like it must be dead as.

On another note has it got to the point where Agar should be batting six and considered a batting allrounder yet? (or is he just a batsman and part timer?)

Midwinter

State Captain
On another note has it got to the point where Agar should be batting six and considered a batting allrounder yet? (or is he just a batsman and part timer?)
Thinking the same thing, could just play him as a batsman. He seems to do as well as most of the other batsmen

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it looks like it must be dead as.

NSW selectors will no doubt disagree, but I tend to think that if you've batting seven in a four day game, your primary role should be as a batsman. He's been at seven and the fifth bowler two games in a row now so I think it's already happened. Certainly I think his batting is at least on par with his bowling now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would like to see some post more than a beginning ton and string together some consistent scores so we don't end with Bailey/Dunk/Klinger as the top 3 runscorers for the season.
Young 22 year old Ashton Agar now has two tons!

QLD tactics are frustrating. Up by 82 after the first innings and they crawl to 1/26 from 21 overs. Now if they bat say 44 more overs that leaves 50 overs at NSW chasing probably 220 or so.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Agar's role is perfect for WA, just lets them play four quicks at the WACA and continue his own development by playing 10 shield games a year.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NSW selectors will no doubt disagree, but I tend to think that if you've batting seven in a four day game, your primary role should be as a batsman. He's been at seven and the fifth bowler two games in a row now so I think it's already happened. Certainly I think his batting is at least on par with his bowling now.
wonder if he'll end up another Steve Smith-like player (except probably not as good)

ie. just becomes a batsman that hardly ever bowls

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical gracious QLD spirit after KP spent the last two days playing for the draw in typical defeatist NSW style.

We're prepared to lose to win.

Spikey

waiting for nufan's input

QLD tactics are frustrating. Up by 82 after the first innings and they crawl to 1/26 from 21 overs. Now if they bat say 44 more overs that leaves 50 overs at NSW chasing probably 220 or so.

Spikey

well, congrats to mackay for hosting a match in which all results are possible going into the last 10 overs