• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not just lately itbt; Cribb can tell you about Ronchi's travails as a really dodgy starter throughout his Australian domestic career. But, rocks or diamonds is one of McCullum's favourite press conference mantras, it could be one of Hesson's too.
Right, I wasn't aware - it's not something we can afford to carry. As I said, his keeping isn't exemplary enough to warrant a 1-10 approach with the bat. But I think we all accept BJ's mrs shouldn't have to worry too much about mixing whites and colours any time soon?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah a lot of this forum want Watling to replace Elliott as the heady, consciously competent No. 5 as we get closer to the 2019 WC.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
George Worker bounces back from early tour blunder to star on Black Caps debut | Stuff.co.nz

With Ross Taylor's tour over after taking nasty hit to the groin, Oram believed Worker could excel at No 5 in the ODI side against the Dale Steyn-led Proteas attack.

"I don't think there's a better time. Last summer he had a whale of a time and was MVP in the Ford Trophy [538 runs at 49 including three centuries] and did really well for us in the T20. In terms of his white ball cricket and statistics he's confident.

"He's been selected so they've told him he's good enough, then he goes and gets 60 at a really good clip. South Africa will be a level up, but he does play pace well and if he slots into that middle order he won't do himself any injustice."

Flem274*

123/5
I suspect Worker's FC woes stem from defensive issues. He's always looked good on attack, but a good leave/block is required in the whites (and in ODIs it's really underrated too - see the World Cup games involving the best bowling attacks).

Hurricane will love this post.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah a very fretful player in red ball cricket. He doesn't average 24 because he wants to be a casual and easygoing agribusinessman; it's always the opposite of that. Padding up to balls crashing into off stump, and so on.

Also seems to hate left-arm seamers and offspin like Jeets, because he cuts across his defence as they challenge his pads and stumps.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Didn't he spend a fair time down the order becoming a Todd Astle type as well? in FC that is

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
These are my teams for all three forms

T20
1 Rutherford (he is a quality T20 player - may suck at other forms)
2 Guptill
3 Brendon
4 Kane (No Ross he sucks at T20)
5 Anderson
6 Munro
7 Ronchi
8 Hira (better batsman than NMac at T20)
9 Bracewell (want his batting at 9)
10 McLeakinruns
11 Milne

ODI

1 Latham
2 Guptil
3 Kane
4 Ross
5 Brendon (I think Brendon's days at the top of the order are done with the new fielding rules, bobbye Grant)
6 Anderson
7 Ronchi
8 NMac (Has good experience and can field, can bat)
9 Bracewell
10 Wheeler
11 McLeakinruns

If we actually need to win then the test attack comes in.

Tests

1 Latham
2 Guptil
3 Kane
4 Ross
5 BMac
6 Anderson
7 Watling
8 Craig
9 Milne (if Australian conditions - Corey will bowl for him if he breaks down)
10 Boult
11 Southee (sick of Southee's rank and crap batting he can be 11)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Were there some good white ball spells by Bracewell that I missed? Surely Henry will eventually overcome this pressure he's currently getting from the national setup to bowl shorter, faster and with more variability, and eventually be good again. I hope so.

Northern Districts will be thrilled by how much of Southee and Boult they're going to see. Under David White, they'll only be on international duty for about ten days per home season.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Were there some good white ball spells by Bracewell that I missed? Surely Henry will eventually overcome this pressure he's currently getting from the national setup to bowl shorter, faster and with more variability, and eventually be good again. I hope so.

Northern Districts will be thrilled by how much of Southee and Boult they're going to see. Under David White, they'll only be on international duty for about ten days per home season.
There is going to be a twenty cent fee to mention White's name from now on due to the stress it causes.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Phillips not enjoying Dougeh too much. Although Phillips isn't going to enjoy anyone who pitches it up and swings it a bit. Should be keeping and batting 7 itbt.

thundaboult

International Debutant
These are my teams for all three forms

T20
1 Rutherford (he is a quality T20 player - may suck at other forms)
2 Guptill
3 Brendon
4 Kane (No Ross he sucks at T20)
5 Anderson
6 Munro
7 Ronchi
8 Hira (better batsman than NMac at T20)
9 Bracewell (want his batting at 9)
10 McLeakinruns
11 Milne

ODI

1 Latham
2 Guptil
3 Kane
4 Ross
5 Brendon (I think Brendon's days at the top of the order are done with the new fielding rules, bobbye Grant)
6 Anderson
7 Ronchi
8 NMac (Has good experience and can field, can bat)
9 Bracewell
10 Wheeler
11 McLeakinruns

If we actually need to win then the test attack comes in.

Tests

1 Latham
2 Guptil
3 Kane
4 Ross
5 BMac
6 Anderson
7 Watling
8 Craig
9 Milne (if Australian conditions - Corey will bowl for him if he breaks down)
10 Boult
11 Southee (sick of Southee's rank and crap batting he can be 11)
Don't really fancy that ODI side. I really think we need a guy like Boult to be in the ODI side as a regular. But I would love to hear your ODI side for the 2019 WC! Taking in consideration of age, english conditions, etc etc

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really fancy that ODI side. I really think we need a guy like Boult to be in the ODI side as a regular. But I would love to hear your ODI side for the 2019 WC! Taking in consideration of age, english conditions, etc etc
Boult has an injury right now because we tried to make him a regular
Player workloads must be managed.
Let mcleakinruns make a living too.

Even if boult doesn't play much bilateral stuff the ipl will stil come a calling allowing him to rake in cash.

Flem274*

123/5
2019 side will be much the same as the 2015 one. Conservative and logical guess is Guptill | Latham | Williamson (c) | Taylor | Watling (wk) | Anderson | Neesham | Santner | Southee | Milne | Boult and then Worker | Sodhi | Henry | Wheeler

thundaboult

International Debutant
Boult has an injury right now because we tried to make him a regular
Player workloads must be managed.
Let mcleakinruns make a living too.

Even if boult doesn't play much bilateral stuff the ipl will stil come a calling allowing him to rake in cash.
Mcleakinruns seems like he's got some of that aggression back in the past week. Don't really mind him but its wheeler and bracewell who I'm vary of. I'll form my opinion of them as time goes on but wouldn't mind seeing them get chances. Milne too (if he stay fit) And I see that your ODI side is for current times so I understand. But you have to wonder, in our bigger ODI challenges, a guy like Boult WILL HAVE to play don'tcha reckon? But I really think Henry should see the absence of the regular bowlers as an indication to step it up.

thundaboult

International Debutant
2019 side will be much the same as the 2015 one. Conservative and logical guess is Guptill | Latham | Williamson (c) | Taylor | Watling (wk) | Anderson | Neesham | Santner | Southee | Milne | Boult and then Worker | Sodhi | Henry | Wheeler
I think Mark craig makes a bigger case than Santner or Sodhi for the next WC but I reckon he'll just stay in the test side only for the rest of his career. Would love to see what he can do in limited overs though. But I got a question for ya though....you think in four years time, if they develop well, Henry or Wheeler could replace Southee? Southee will be alright in english conditions but I just don't trust him and his inconsistency...he's always blowing hot and cold and the pitch has to be tailor-made for him to be any good. Also his promise with the bat is...not so promising... besides the odd 30-40 in tests every now and then.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The young seamers with really pure seam presentation to perhaps rival Southee in the UK would be Jacob Duffy and Brett Randell, from what I've seen.

It's not out of the realms that Southee could be wearying of the regimented lifestyle of an international sportsman by 2019 and getting sloppy, but otherwise he should still be well ahead.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Southee is freaking awesome. Likely to be the best bowler in the world at various stages in his career. Least of our worries.

Craig is highly unlikely to play limited overs cricket for NZ.