• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Frost

U19 Debutant
I suggest that if you are someone who has done 34,000 posts on this site at a conversative estimate of 2 minutes per post, that's 68,000 minutes spent acting like the ****-of-the-walk on a chat site. Is that really something to be proud of?

Why all the macho crap and the mocking of posters names? It's just sad and pathetic. Why the avatar's that are shots of players, as if you are taking on their persona's? I reckon you've got their pictures in your wallet. This is just fan-boyish.

Don't you feel daft defending McClenaghan to the ends of the earth to some newbie, and then the captain drops him and says he's down on pace and confidence. Sounds like the newbies and the captain have a better read on things than someone who's proudest achievement is racking up 34,000 inane posts on a chat site.

After 68,000 minutes (conservative estimate) it must be really galling to have some newbie wander in here and say something negative or controversial like "McClenghans bowling poorly" or "Baz is not the tactical genius he's made out to be" or "his game-plans are too one dimensional, and ultimately lead us to losing the WC final, drawing the test series, losing the ODI series - when they were all there for the taking".
It's an opinion.
The WC final was a meek capitulation, the first over dismissal of Baz was an example of him paying zero respect to a top class bowler. His wicket was vital. He didn't give himself a chance to assess conditions or anything. The entire history of cricket tells us that this method will fail, as it has done. We made the final because of Elliot, because we had the tournaments leading run scorer in Guptill and two of the leading wicket takers in Boult and Southee. McCullums little cameos didn't amount to a hill of beans. His implosion gave Australia the phscological ascendency in the final that they never relinquished.

Again, contrary opinions should be welcomed. They promote a healthy debate. You've obviously got a hierarchy in here, with macho posturers and their sycophantic lackeys. There's some circle-jerking going on here alright.
What's this drivell, I think you should go back and read the WC threads. Terrible post

Spark

Global Moderator
This thread...

Three infractions in as many minutes, all for personal attacks. Could easily have been more - try not to make it so, ta.

Last edited:
Yeah, why don't you ignore it. I'd prefer you did.

But I bet you've got a goal of 200,000 posts before you die and attacking people for expressing an opinion is a great way to lift your count.

Also, this is your turf and you'll be damned if you'll let someone wander in here and say that Baz isn't Jesus Christ himself returned to the planet, so you have to lift your leg on as many metaphorical fire hydrants as you can so you can let all the 'newbies' know who the big dog is.

I suggest if you were any sort of a success in your life, the last thing you would be doing is spending over 60,000 minutes writing crap like why Trent Boult shouldn't be in the World Cup squad - great call btw Nostradamus - which only 20 of your closest sycophantic lackeys are going to read anyway. Spud.
Ha. Skyliner, you and I are just minnow posters. We're lucky to have CW membership. Dan, Hurricane and Flem274 - 'the Big Three' NZ posters- they just want to express their views to each other. With great phrases like oh Warner and Sehwag score too quickly to be good openers in test cricket and repeat classic cricket commentator 'truisms' ad nauseam.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Although I said - I didn't care what happened in this ODI series, I am mildly pleased we won two skins. More pleased that Taylor returned to some Semblance of form. And ecstatic that Southee emerged in one piece.
I heard talk of some Zimbos tour but may be incorrect as I can't find it on the blackcaps site. If it happens I hope we rotate our bowling attack and let Tim in particular put his feet up - his time is better spent carousing.

I don't know where we go from here if Boult can't play against Australia. If Milne is fit I would play him as third seamer and just hope his speed is suited to Australian conditions. Pace seems to be very important over there. I have no idea who to open with Tim as Milne is definitely not opening material.

Time for post = 10 minutes

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
With Boult out I'd be playing Discount Boult (ie. Wheeler).
Reasons - to get out the left handers I presume?

It does trouble me that we don't seem to be picking and sticking with our seamers - Wagner - Henry - Wheeler - Bracewell - are probably form notwithstanding much of a muchness in terms of effectiveness even if though they have very different MOs

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Still in a state of mild disbelief at losing this series. Beforehand I thought we were heavy favourites and expected to win 4-1.

If I had to put the loss down to anything, it was partially England batting very well, but mostly us bowling ineffectually. I think the middle of the pitch strategy is a disaster. It takes bowled, lbw and the majority of slips chances out of play, and this was how we ran sides over in the CWC.

Thinking positively, I think we can easily change this strategy so it shouldn't be too much of a problem in the next series.

Also I'm very happy to have seen Santner and Wheeler play well away from home here.

This series, compared to the CWC really underlined how important Boult is. His ODI average is just a shade over 24, which is awesome. Let's hope to **** his injury isn't that serious.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Henry could open in place of Boult for the time being.
Maybe PEWS is correct, a left armer may have an advantage to get out their openers. Both Tim and Matt seem to be more comfortable against righties.

Still - it does trouble me that Henry didn't do much either right or wrong in his debut series and Wheeler would be starting from ground zero and may be a deer in the headlights initially despite his ODI exposure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The biggest giveaway is when someone starts going at you for your number of posts.

If you don't like the forum and think its lame to post here etc. just piss off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ha. Skyliner, you and I are just minnow posters. We're lucky to have CW membership. Dan, Hurricane and Flem274 - 'the Big Three' NZ posters- they just want to express their views to each other. With great phrases like oh Warner and Sehwag score too quickly to be good openers in test cricket and repeat classic cricket commentator 'truisms' ad nauseam.
:laugh:!!!!!!

Dan, you're officially a Kiwi now. I am emailing Abbott to revoke your Australian citizenship as we speak.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Although I said - I didn't care what happened in this ODI series, I am mildly pleased we won two skins. More pleased that Taylor returned to some Semblance of form. And ecstatic that Southee emerged in one piece.
I heard talk of some Zimbos tour but may be incorrect as I can't find it on the blackcaps site. If it happens I hope we rotate our bowling attack and let Tim in particular put his feet up - his time is better spent carousing.

I don't know where we go from here if Boult can't play against Australia. If Milne is fit I would play him as third seamer and just hope his speed is suited to Australian conditions. Pace seems to be very important over there. I have no idea who to open with Tim as Milne is definitely not opening material.

Time for post = 10 minutes
Zim tour runs from 28 July to 10 August. No tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reasons - to get out the left handers I presume?
Yeah that's definitely part of it. Mainly though it's because Southee and Boult have worked so well together as a pair (and less well without the other one playing), so having someone do a Boult impersonation will probably get better results out of Southee and the attack overall than shuffling it around with different roles would. It's not just the fact that he's a left armer like Boult, but that he's primarily a new ball swing bowler like Boult, and swings the ball into the right handers and away from the left handers like Boult.

The fact that I just straight up rate Wheeler also plays into it. :p I actually think he's probably NZ's third best bowler; he just wouldn't be a great fit for the first change role if he played at full strength.

I'd stick with Henry though despite positioning myself as "Henry sceptic", so my attack would be Southee, Wheeler, Henry, Anderson and Craig.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah that's definitely part of it. Mainly though it's because Southee and Boult have worked so well together as a pair (and less well without the other one playing), so having someone do a Boult impersonation will probably get better results out of Southee and the attack overall than shuffling it around with different roles would. It's not just the fact that he's a left armer like Boult, but that he's primarily a new ball swing bowler like Boult, and swings the ball into the right handers and away from the left handers like Boult.

The fact that I just straight up rate Wheeler also plays into it. :p I actually think he's probably NZ's third best bowler; he just wouldn't be a great fit for the first change role if he played at full strength.

I'd stick with Henry though despite positioning myself as "Henry sceptic", so my attack would be Southee, Wheeler, Henry, Anderson and Craig.
I thought Henry was the pick of the bowlers behind Boult in both the Tests and ODIs, and seemed the most comfortable in the change bowler's role.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If you're talking about tests then forget it. Milne can't hold his body together for ODI's. I really can't see him lasting in a three test series. Throw in the fact that it still appears like he doesn't really know how to use his pace to best effect yet, and the Aussie series really probably isn't his time.