• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A pity about the rain, but England winning the ODI's is probably a fair result on balance. The much vaunted bowling depth of NZ cricket has been rather cruelly exposed this series, and one can only pray that Boult's injury isn't serious, and that he Anderson and Milne make a come back soon. Btw, wtf has happened to our catching?

Some dire negative posting from some of the NZ posters in the last 24 hours. NZ have a good team, but we're hardly mid-80's WI in that we can just rock up and expect to blow opponents away on their home turf. England played well, our young bowling attack struggled, and the better side ended up shading it. Move along.

Flem274*

123/5
Albi and Howe carried this thread all night through the mud.

Disappointed to lose that series because it sounds like NZ let themselves down at times in the field, but the newer players will be better for the experience of being pushed hard. The thing I'm most worried about is the obessession with testing out the middle of the pitch. That's not Southee or Henry's game at all.

Wheeler is a find. He's usually been pretty **** in the Ford Trophy and inconsistent in FC.

Well done to England. Beating the world cup #2 team after their horror run is a fantastic result.
Is Ben Wheeler just the bowler who happens to have come out first, or is he normally in the 'engine room'?
Junior Engine Room Member

FBU

International Debutant
Santner 5 games
Wheeler 3 games
Mathieson 1 game
Henry 14 games
Inexperience

Southee and McClenaghan - rubbish this series 52.50 and 71.25

Wicket takers Boult and Anderson gone home

Frost

U19 Debutant
A pity about the rain, but England winning the ODI's is probably a fair result on balance. The much vaunted bowling depth of NZ cricket has been rather cruelly exposed this series, and one can only pray that Boult's injury isn't serious, and that he Anderson and Milne make a come back soon. Btw, wtf has happened to our catching?

Some dire negative posting from some of the NZ posters in the last 24 hours. NZ have a good team, but we're hardly mid-80's WI in that we can just rock up and expect to blow opponents away on their home turf. England played well, our young bowling attack struggled, and the better side ended up shading it. Move along.
Am I reading it rite that you don't belive that nz has the bowling depth some people suggest or are u saying because of there lack of experience they were exposed.
I think nz has blooded some good young players I really like the look of Wheeler I think he will be a good prospect at test level and santner looked pretty good in patches

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I don't think any post suggested that NZ should 'blow England away'.
The bottom line was that if NZ had adopted multi-layered game plans in both the test and ODI series's we could have been looking at wins in both. IMHO.
Why the hostility and nastiness towards people expressing an opinion?

In the below excellent article by Ian O'Brien, he questions the amount of kudos going to Baz, and suggests that game plans put forward by previous coaches were correct, it was just that NZ never had the personnel to ensure they were successful. Now we do. Over-attacking cricket is un-necessary; we are better than we think we are & need only play cricket with the proper mixture of attack and defence to secure even better results:
Iain O'Brien: New Zealand are more than a product of McCullum | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This thread was extremely bitter in the first test, and its returned in the last ODI. Bookended by petty posts. Good stuff.

Its like the new India vs. England.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I suggest that if you are someone who has done 34,000 posts on this site at a conversative estimate of 2 minutes per post, that's 68,000 minutes spent acting like the ****-of-the-walk on a chat site. Is that really something to be proud of?

Why all the macho crap and the mocking of posters names? It's just sad and pathetic. Why the avatar's that are shots of players, as if you are taking on their persona's? I reckon you've got their pictures in your wallet. This is just fan-boyish.

Don't you feel daft defending McClenaghan to the ends of the earth to some newbie, and then the captain drops him and says he's down on pace and confidence. Sounds like the newbies and the captain have a better read on things than someone who's proudest achievement is racking up 34,000 inane posts on a chat site.

After 68,000 minutes (conservative estimate) it must be really galling to have some newbie wander in here and say something negative or controversial like "McClenghans bowling poorly" or "Baz is not the tactical genius he's made out to be" or "his game-plans are too one dimensional, and ultimately lead us to losing the WC final, drawing the test series, losing the ODI series - when they were all there for the taking".
It's an opinion.
The WC final was a meek capitulation, the first over dismissal of Baz was an example of him paying zero respect to a top class bowler. His wicket was vital. He didn't give himself a chance to assess conditions or anything. The entire history of cricket tells us that this method will fail, as it has done. We made the final because of Elliot, because we had the tournaments leading run scorer in Guptill and two of the leading wicket takers in Boult and Southee. McCullums little cameos didn't amount to a hill of beans. His implosion gave Australia the phscological ascendency in the final that they never relinquished.

Again, contrary opinions should be welcomed. They promote a healthy debate. You've obviously got a hierarchy in here, with macho posturers and their sycophantic lackeys. There's some circle-jerking going on here alright.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Albi and Howe carried this thread all night through the mud.
Surely people who care enough to comment here about cricket don't deserve to be subjected to this kind of comment. UPDATE: and predictably enough it has provoked the inevitable response - can you guys just shake hands and get on with it?

Disappointed to lose that series because it sounds like NZ let themselves down at times in the field, but the newer players will be better for the experience of being pushed hard. The thing I'm most worried about is the obessession with testing out the middle of the pitch. That's not Southee or Henry's game at all.

Wheeler is a find. He's usually been pretty **** in the Ford Trophy and inconsistent in FC.

Well done to England. Beating the world cup #2 team after their horror run is a fantastic result.
Agree. It concerns me that this has coincided with Bond's departure as bowling coach. Henry in particular seems to have performed below expectations in conditions people thought might suit him. Leading into the World Cup he seemed to be New Zealand's form ODI bowler. Hopefully he can bounce back quickly.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I suggest that if you are someone who has done 34,000 posts on this site at a conversative estimate of 2 minutes per post, that's 68,000 minutes spent acting like the ****-of-the-walk on a chat site. Is that really something to be proud of?

Why all the macho crap and the mocking of posters names? It's just sad and pathetic. Why the avatar's that are shots of players, as if you are taking on their persona's? I reckon you've got their pictures in your wallet. This is just fan-boyish.

Don't you feel daft defending McClenaghan to the ends of the earth to some newbie, and then the captain drops him and says he's down on pace and confidence. Sounds like the newbies and the captain have a better read on things than someone who's proudest achievement is racking up 34,000 inane posts on a chat site.

After 68,000 minutes (conservative estimate) it must be really galling to have some newbie wander in here and say something negative or controversial like "McClenghans bowling poorly" or "Baz is not the tactical genius he's made out to be" or "his game-plans are too one dimensional, and ultimately lead us to losing the WC final, drawing the test series, losing the ODI series - when they were all there for the taking".
It's an opinion.
The WC final was a meek capitulation, the first over dismissal of Baz was an example of him paying zero respect to a top class bowler. His wicket was vital. He didn't give himself a chance to assess conditions or anything. The entire history of cricket tells us that this method will fail, as it has done. We made the final because of Elliot, because we had the tournaments leading run scorer in Guptill and two of the leading wicket takers in Boult and Southee. McCullums little cameos didn't amount to a hill of beans. His implosion gave Australia the phscological ascendency in the final that they never relinquished.

Again, contrary opinions should be welcomed. They promote a healthy debate. You've obviously got a hierarchy in here, with macho posturers and their sycophantic lackeys. There's some circle-jerking going on here alright.
32,495 posts tbh

and you're*

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah all right I've gotta stop replying to the dribble and stop wasting precious life minutes. Bahnz can get back in the county chill again facing his 70mph bowlers doing the hard work. On to ignore the spuds go and it's a beautiful day outside for the next five minutes so time to take my CPL contract, complain the tour thread is too cold and catch my flight.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played England. Thought they were probably the slightly better side in the ODIs overall, even if it was disappointing the young fella probably dropped that game towards the end after being the one to give NZ a sniff to start with.

Great series overall, played with an incredibly good spirit throughout. Credit to both sides, this is how good tough positive cricket should be played. Struggling to remember as much as 1 'dirty send-off' in the whole series. Rest of the world, take note.

From a NZ perspective, good to see some young new talented unearthed. Lots to like about Santner, Wheeler & even Mathieson.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Exhibit A in the numpty list.
You think your well hard don't you 'Furball', you've contributed nothing to the discussion except to show up menacing people with some "lift your game" crap. If you did express an opinion, no doubt it would be bland and vanilla white and calculated not be offend any of your fan-boy mates. Why are you pretending to be Tim Southee?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
England outplayed us in the ODI's.

Other than the finds of Santner and Wheeler, this tour was a failure. We should have won both series but were unable to finish off games after being in strong positions in the First Test and the last ODI.

England played well but they're not as experienced as the side we sent over, if this NZ side wants to be mentioned with SA and Aus they have to be more ruthless and finish games off when they have the opposition on the ropes,

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Yeah all right I've gotta stop replying to the dribble and stop wasting precious life minutes. Bahnz can get back in the county chill again facing his 70mph bowlers doing the hard work. On to ignore the spuds go and it's a beautiful day outside for the next five minutes so time to take my CPL contract, complain the tour thread is too cold and catch my flight.
Yeah, why don't you ignore it. I'd prefer you did.

But I bet you've got a goal of 200,000 posts before you die and attacking people for expressing an opinion is a great way to lift your count.

Also, this is your turf and you'll be damned if you'll let someone wander in here and say that Baz isn't Jesus Christ himself returned to the planet, so you have to lift your leg on as many metaphorical fire hydrants as you can so you can let all the 'newbies' know who the big dog is.

I suggest if you were any sort of a success in your life, the last thing you would be doing is spending over 60,000 minutes writing crap like why Trent Boult shouldn't be in the World Cup squad - great call btw Nostradamus - which only 20 of your closest sycophantic lackeys are going to read anyway. Spud.

Last edited: