• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's the hallmark of a really good series that I'd have been quite happy with a 4 Test, 7 ODI series. Quality of cricket's been excellent and left me wanting more, it's not often you can say that about a touring side.

Shame the same can't be said about some of the Jenny Come Lately Kiwis we seem to have attracted to the site in the last 6 months. Lift your game ****s.

Niall

International Coach
Yea i too get this feeling that England have been lucky, which admittedly I can't substantiate. They were 2nd best in the test series too.
I dunno man, NZ were really sloppy in losing the first game, but England fell in a heap when Lyth and Cook had the game by the conkers in the second test. I thought a draw was a fair result.

The ODI series? England definitely got lucky with the injuries to NZ especially Boult, but despite that NZ have themselves to blame somewhat. It wasn't England who forced them to select Mc Cleneghan for 4 games, nor was it England who dropped Bairstow or who advised Bmac to bring on Elliot for a bowl.

Chin up, T20 is the future of cricket, if NZ win that match they will have shaded the series. :ph34r:

You'd do well to check England's home ODI form. Tough nut to cracking in England.
Sorry, I'm still seeing crappy bouncers fairly called as wides, and Bairstow dropped twice with what were regulation catches. I really have no idea what you're trying to say.

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
England would've chased this down quite easily if they had batted sensibly from the start, I'm thinking even if Bairstow had gone they might have gotten home. Rashid can give it a whack and Wood can wield the willow well too.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shame this series wasn't live free-to-air because it could have won some new fans to the game in the UK. I watched bits of the test and this series through online streaming (acceptable quality though not the best) but didn't want to pay for weekly NowTV passes having paid for six during the World Cup and may buy one or two during the Ashes. Luckily I have BT Sport (get it free with broadband) so will watch some of the Caribbean Premier League over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
It's the hallmark of a really good series that I'd have been quite happy with a 4 Test, 7 ODI series. Quality of cricket's been excellent and left me wanting more, it's not often you can say that about a touring side.

Shame the same can't be said about some of the Jenny Come Lately Kiwis we seem to have attracted to the site in the last 6 months. Lift your game ****s.
What a ****ing ****.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Can't fault Mathieson for that last over. Southee and Henry bowled most of the wides earlier, Santner dropped the match winning catch after a near match winning performance with the ball, and Elliot was a wasted over that gifted double the RR
Exactly right.
I can't fathom the decision to bowl Elliot when he'd been smoked by England earlier in the series. Poor from the skipper.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Joy of the game though really, a decision comes off he is a genius, it doesn't and he is a numptie.
Yeah, but that's not how in works in NZ: it works, he's a genius ; if it doesn't, no one says anything & woe betide anyone that mentions it.
Like the myth that he's all out attack: in the WC final he dropped his nuts and removed one of the slips, next ball Warner hit's it straight to where the slip was. There was a well-reasoned article on Cricinfo saying that we lost the final because he didn't follow through on his "aggression/ all out attack" bragidoccio.

Last edited:

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
What happens with someone like Grant Elliot? He is very unlikely to play in the next World Cup considering he is 35 but had a very good World Cup and a decent series here. Do NZ have adequate replacement? I think he will probably play on until he has a few bad games in a row when he will probably be dropped for good. I was very disappointed with Luke Ronchi. He had a poor World Cup with the bat and only did a little better here (had a good score in the test and one or two 30s in this series). But you always feel he is good for a 50 off 30 balls here and there.

Last edited:

Frost

U19 Debutant
Yeah, but that's not how in works in NZ: it works, he's a genius ; if it doesn't, no one says anything & woe betide anyone that mentions it.
Like the myth that he's all out attack: in the WC final he dropped his nuts and removed one of the slips, next ball Warner hit's it straight to where the slip was. There was a well-reasoned article on Cricinfo saying that we lost the final because he didn't follow through on his "aggression/ all out attack" bragidoccio.
He's still the most attacking captain, Morgan did exactly the same thing throughout this series.
Talk aggressive but don't set fields accordingly

Skyliner

International 12th Man
George Orwell said cricket is "war minus the shooting".
War - and cricket - is knowing when to attack, and knowing when to defend. War which is based on *all out attack, all of the time* is less blitzkrieg and more "charge of the light brigade". Posters who defend our 'go down guns blazing' performance in losing the Lords test are a bit dim. To paraphrase, it may be magnificent, but it's not cricket.
McCullum is George Armstrong Custer to me, the dashing cavalry office who'll charge in recklessly where angels fear to tread, underestimating his opposition and overestimating his own generalship. Custer was a self-promoter who was loved by the public for his exploits in the Civil War.