• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

layorz

Cricket Spectator
Can't fault Mathieson for that last over. Southee and Henry bowled most of the wides earlier, Santner dropped the match winning catch after a near match winning performance with the ball, and Elliot was a wasted over that gifted double the RR

vandem

International 12th Man
Just woke up to hear the last 3 overs. How come Eng got to take the power play so late - looking at Cricinfo scoreboard there doesn't seem to have been a 2nd rain interruption?

Niall

International Coach
The talk was always bull**** tbh, they've done OK.
Where were the antagonising statements though? I can't remember any really. Raina pretty much calling Bangladesh mediocre is an obnoxious statement, NZ the world cup finalists saying they are here to win doesn't seem to silly.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I bet Windie is fuming he is banned right now.

Been a fun series with so many new names in both sides. Some took their chance, others didn't.

How many hit and giggle games are there?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That was rubbish by New Zealand.

That short pitch crap resulting in wides and boundaries.

All the bowlers seem to be playing for Milne's spot. But they don't bowl at 150kmh or have his control

This has been a terrible tour by NZ. They let England draw the test series. That should never have happened.

Now this performance today to let England win the ODI series.

Disappointed. So disappointed.
You didn't 'let' us draw the Test series. Drivel

You didn't 'let' us draw the Test series. Drivel
Oh please.

How far behind was England in the first innings?

Cook didn't even declare the final day at Lords. Cook had no intention of winning that game. He wanted to save it.

NZ should have played that match for a draw instead of going for a silly win.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Not a great tour for NZ then given all the talk before it. Turn up to win and all that.
Not my recollection of BMac's words. More like "we are coming here to win" but also mentioned that Eng are hard at home. What he didn't count on was the run of injuries - I guess this balanced a good injury-free run up to and including the world cup (Milne yes, countered by somewhat unexpected availability of Vettori).

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not my recollection of BMac's words. More like "we are coming here to win" but also mentioned that Eng are hard at home. What he didn't count on was the run of injuries - I guess this balanced a good injury-free run up to and including the world cup (Milne yes, countered by somewhat unexpected availability of Vettori).
Fans on here were ****y as **** before the series though too.

Well yeah... NZ was ranked higher in both formats because of strong recent performances...

I don't if fans were ****y.

Just expected to win given the respective recent form of the two teams.

Take Anderson, Milne, Neesham and Boult out of the NZ team and it looks a little barren.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh please.

How far behind was England in the first innings?

Cook didn't even declare the final day at Lords. Cook had no intention of winning that game. He wanted to save it.

NZ should have played that match for a draw instead of going for a silly win.
He didn't need to declare. We had the bowlers to do the job and they Did it. End of discussion.

Niall

International Coach
to be fair , a lot of England fans here were down on their side as well, heck you had English posters piling into 4/1 for NZ to chase 400 +:laugh:

In the test series, the general feeling had been that a squared series was fair, don't think many NZ fans were to bothered about the limited over series and after the walloping of the first game were pretty respectful towards England.

I really don't see where the arrogance was?

Niall

International Coach
Well yeah... NZ was ranked higher in both formats because of strong recent performances...

I don't if fans were ****y.

Just expected to win given the respective recent form of the two teams.

Take Anderson, Milne, Neesham and Boult out of the NZ team and it looks a little barren.
And don't forget they didn't have Brett Matheson for the first 4 ODIS either.:ph34r:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Yea i too get this feeling that England have been lucky, which admittedly I can't substantiate. They were 2nd best in the test series too.