• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Elliott may have batted like a chump to begin with, and prevented KW from going big. But by not getting during those powerplay overs he did manage to keep the lower-middle order from being exposed to Finn/Wood (which was probably England's best chance of restricting NZ). Gotta love how he's somehow pulled through for NZ here.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Elliott may have batted like a chump to begin with, and prevented KW from going big. But by not getting during those powerplay overs he did manage to keep the lower-middle order from being exposed to Finn/Wood (which was probably England's best chance of restricting NZ). Gotta love how he's somehow pulled through for NZ here.
Which may well have been the plan. tbf we all knew that the rest of England's bowlers have been execrable today apart from Finn and Wood, so seeing them off wasn't the worst idea.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Just gonna say I don't mind the idea of Rashid at the death. Would've worked if the seamers had got Santner out.

A few dumb decisions by NZ batters in the last two overs annoy me. That 50th over should have been icing. Okay I can accept Santner risking his wicket to Stokes with a village shot, despite knowing that England was having to resort to Root. He is inexperienced and the adrenaline is pumping. But Elliot not sacrificing Wheeler's wicket and running two to be retain strike in the final over - what the heck? Get on strike Grunter. Then running two for Wheeler? What the heck? Dumb.

Wheeler's batting average is not as important as the team's score Grunter. If it was a chase, you'd run him out. No difference in setting a score.

Last edited: