• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

U19 12th Man
His claim last summer that he throttled the pace back to get through longer spells seemed dubious to me. I wonder about players coming back from the IPL though, bowlers in particular always seem down on pace. Could be a factor. Share your concerns though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I think Brathwaite has promise but has been shown up vs Australia and England. Blackwood has some quality if he can calm his attacking instincts down when needed.

Niall

International Coach
Becoming less and less convinced with Johnson with every spell.
I think he is knackered and while I know online fans don't take it seriously, a confidence bowler like Mitch was the biggest laughing stock of the IPL as he was slaughtered in nearly every match, heck Punjab released him early, that can't have done much for him, think it will be Haze and Harris who will be the biggest threats in the Ashes.

Spark

Global Moderator
His claim last summer that he throttled the pace back to get through longer spells seemed dubious to me. I wonder about players coming back from the IPL though, bowlers in particular always seem down on pace. Could be a factor. Share your concerns though.
Nah that made perfect sense to me. It's his inability to throttle it up here which is a mild concern.

He's certainly still in the the side for me but he's no longer an absolute lock.

I think he is knackered and while I know online fans don't take it seriously, a confidence bowler like Mitch was the biggest laughing stock of the IPL as he was slaughtered in nearly every match, heck Punjab released him early, that can't have done much for him, think it will be Haze and Harris who will be the biggest threats in the Ashes.
I really don't think the IPL will have much bearing on a Test series months later.

Last edited:

Tangles

I don't watch the IPL but is it the constant changes of pace and maybe never bowling full tilt? Takes a while to get back in 5 day rhythm.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Reckon Johnson isn't entirely 100% fit. It bothered me that he had to bandage his finger after every over in the home summer vs India, and then jumped straight into WC and then the IPL.

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon Johnson isn't entirely 100% fit. It bothered me that he had to bandage his finger after every over in the home summer vs India, and then jumped straight into WC and then the IPL.
Why CA didn't just tell him to go home and have a rest is beyond me. Really bad management by all involved.

Niall

International Coach
Nah that made perfect sense to me. It's his inability to throttle it up here which is a mild concern.

I really don't think the IPL will have much bearing on a Test series months later.

He has credited his awesome spell at Mumbai for been one of the kickstarts of his resurgence.

He was a joke at the IPL,don't think been a laughing stock for so long is what a confidence bowler like that needs.

Tangles

With the team the selectors came up with for this game Holder should have been at 3. Bat and ball. Lol

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard not to like Holder. Works his arse off and bails the team out so, so often -- the shining beacon of hope in a West Indian sea too often filled with ineptitude and incompetence.

Spark

Global Moderator
He has credited his awesome spell at Mumbai for been one of the kickstarts of his resurgence.

He was a joke at the IPL,don't think been a laughing stock for so long is what a confidence bowler like that needs.
Yeah nah. Not remotely convinced by this.

Niall

International Coach
Why CA didn't just tell him to go home and have a rest is beyond me. Really bad management by all involved.
Lookikg back, cCA, Mitch and Punjab probably wished that had happened. :D

Can't blame Mitch for wanting to play the IPL with all the money involved, who knows maybe they asked and he refused?