• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What the actual ****, put the slog sweep away you idiots.

See those things in your shoes, use them and stick the bowler over his head ffs.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
I always expected McClenghan to start generating more pace as his international career built, but it just never happened. If his bowling matched the 'aggressive' persona he has cultivated, he'd he the ultimate 'nasty fasty'. Now I think it looks a bit histrionic to be carrying on like you're bowling at decent pace and 'aggressive' when the actuality is that it's licorice all-sorts in the 130's. Plenty of bouncers that are faux nasty and actually pretty harmless.

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Given NZs bowling resources, and the confidence shown by putting satner at 6, 3 pace 2 spin makes very little sense. I guess its just a bit stop gap due to Jimmy and Corey being injured, but still.

Niall

International Coach
I don't think he was in red hot form in the IPL, quite often Malinga was the one picking up more wickets and I felt McClenaghan was just hanging in there. McClenghans wickets were usually caught in the deep.....very few bowled / lbws.
Yeah Malinga and Harby finished the IPL very well, you had to target Mitch because the other 2 were very tough to smash. I like the IPL, but it doesn't always translate into good international form, Dwayne Smith is a gun in it, but is an absolute flop when he plays for the West Indies.

I always expected McClenghan to start generating more pace as his international career built, but it just never happened. If his bowling matched the 'aggressive' persona he has cultivated, he'd he the ultimate 'nasty fasty'. Now I think it looks a bit histrionic to be carrying on like you're bowling at decent pace and 'aggressive' when the actuality is that it's licorice all-sorts in the 130's. Plenty of bouncers that are faux nasty and actually pretty harmless.
He is no Adam Milne. Now if Adam Milne could get a little nastier...

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Santner batted well today as well. I thought the comments in the media about "we missed Vettori" after the last ODI we're perplexing. Once someone has retired that's that, whether they've been retired for one day or a thousand. It's like saying "gee, we could have really used Hadlee in that last game with Southee not playing".

Given NZs bowling resources, and the confidence shown by putting satner at 6, 3 pace 2 spin makes very little sense. I guess its just a bit stop gap due to Jimmy and Corey being injured, but still.
Dont want a long tail as Santner is a better bat than the pure bowlers. Santner is also being blooded with another spinner in McCullum to lessen the pressure on him bowling spin alone. Plus there are Asia odis soon arent there although I still dont know if 2 spinners would be chosen regardless. Corey leaves a big hole in the side.

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Guptill? lol.
Just inspired captaincy from Baz. If it works he's the greatest strategic / tactical mastermind since Napoleon, if it doesn't its quickly swept under the rug. More of the "aggressive / gambler" myth making , cult of personality stuff. We all know that untempered aggression & gambling are the keys to success, like with the victorious Charge of the Light Brigade.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Just inspired captaincy from Baz. If it works he's the greatest strategic / tactical mastermind since Napoleon, if it doesn't its quickly swept under the rug. More of the "aggressive / gambler" myth making , cult of personality stuff. We all know that untempered aggression & gambling are the keys to success, like with the victorious Charge of the Light Brigade.
He was exceedingly luck he only went for 12. Rank.