• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"McClenaghan just bowls pies....his success was often against sides like the West Indies in NZ where they seemed all at sea against all bowling, and he just cashed in. We should have given Wheeler a crack today."

I just don't think this is true. Im sure his debut was in SA where he got a 4fer, and I can't recall a bad serries for him overall. He's never looked the goods, but he must have somthing going for him thats less tangible to have the figures hes obtained.

"McClenaghan just bowls pies....his success was often against sides like the West Indies in NZ where they seemed all at sea against all bowling, and he just cashed in. We should have given Wheeler a crack today."

I just don't think this is true. Im sure his debut was in SA where he got a 4fer, and I can't recall a bad serries for him overall. He's never looked the goods, but he must have somthing going for him thats less tangible to have the figures hes obtained.
Luck.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McClenaghan just bowls pies....his success was often against sides like the West Indies in NZ where they seemed all at sea against all bowling, and he just cashed in. We should have given Wheeler a crack today.
His form for NZ has been **** since early 2014. I think the fact he was one of the better bowlers in the IPL confused the selectors.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, how muted was that commentary? Sounded like he was commentating on a mildly interesting cover drive.

Spark

Global Moderator
Luck in cricket is most often explained by pressure from the other end.
Nah in ODIs it's most often explained by being "fortunate" enough to bowl at the death when batsmen have no regard for their wicket. Many a 4-for has come with the last 2 or 3 being somewhat facile because they've come in the last three or four overs with the side getting belted anyway.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
His form for NZ has been **** since early 2014. I think the fact he was one of the better bowlers in the IPL confused the selectors.
I don't think he was in red hot form in the IPL, quite often Malinga was the one picking up more wickets and I felt McClenaghan was just hanging in there. McClenghans wickets were usually caught in the deep.....very few bowled / lbws.

And some scoreboard pressure and thats McClenaghan.

So simply batsmen have looked to score off him. His economy rate is 6.0. And that includes bowling cheap overs after Southee and co have caused a top order collapse.

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Southee and Co is misleading with reference to McClanghans record, unless you rate Mills highly (which you should)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think he was in red hot form in the IPL, quite often Malinga was the one picking up more wickets and I felt McClenaghan was just hanging in there. McClenghans wickets were usually caught in the deep.....very few bowled / lbws.
Yep, why I said one of the better bowlers in the comp, definitely not best.