• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
It's interesting that people seem to think you can restrict the variety of a batsman's scoring areas by bowling full rather than short. I'd have thought it was the other way round.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ugh. Do you remember our attack when SL easily chased down a score well over 300 at Leeds in 2006?
That was widely considered the worst we'd ever seen at the time.
Ali, Bresnan, Plunkett, Harmison and Dalrymple the 5 mainline bowlers, and then Bell and Solanki got 4.3 overs. Ouch. That's a shocker of a line-up. Completely forgot Jamie Dalrymple ever existed!

It's interesting that people seem to think you can restrict the variety of a batsman's scoring areas by bowling full rather than short. I'd have thought it was the other way round.
What Botham doesnt appreciate is that Ronchi loves hitting over the sight screen even with long on and long off... but he wasnt in for long enough

England to be bowled out for 200 in 25 overs. Give or take either figure.

Maybe a few more, I dunno. Depends on how we start.
Depends on Root and Morgan don' t it?

Root is an exceptional talent. Prized wicket.

Hales getting a score would help. But even if he does, Root or Morgan would need a score too.

Last edited:

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Depends on Root and Morgan don' t it?

Root is an exceptional talent. Prized wicket.

Hales getting a score would help. But even if he does, Root or Morgan would need a score too.
I always factor in Root to bag 40 or so. But our openers seem a liability and I don't think they're capable of more than a quick 10-over 80-run bash. I'm predicting a bit of a middle-order fall-away after Root goes, just too many runs on the board.

England definitely won't make 50 overs. We'll either get there before or be bowled out trying to.

Spark

Global Moderator
I always factor in Root to bag 40 or so. But our openers seem a liability and I don't think they're capable of more than a quick 10-over 80-run bash. I'm predicting a bit of a middle-order fall-away after Root goes, just too many runs on the board.

England definitely won't make 50 overs. We'll either get there before or be bowled out trying to.
That doesn't have a lot to do with England tbh, that happens in the overwhelming majority of matches with massive first dig scores like this. Without question the biggest problem with these sorts of matches. Unless you have someone like Virat Kohli in your team (okay, unless you have Kohli full stop), these just tend to peter out into a brief nothingness.

That doesn't have a lot to do with England tbh, that happens in the overwhelming majority of matches with massive first dig scores like this. Without question the biggest problem with these sorts of matches. Unless you have someone like Virat Kohli in your team (okay, unless you have Kohli full stop), these just tend to peter out into a brief nothingness.
Herschelle Gibbs says hi.