• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Just thought I'd check the current odds going on an Eng win... they're at about 6's... to comfortably beat the world record of 138 years... with This team... really... NZ at 1.40ish... Amazing stuff. If I were still a betting man I'd be in

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He gets a lot of runs. 27 tons. I'd prefer him to overtake Tendulkar. Indian fan idolisaton of Sachin is nauseating. Commentators are worse, though. They know where their bread is buttered. Give me Lara, Sangakarra, Ponting, Kallis and many more over Sachin's overrated test career.
That is top foruming.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be nice if England put away Craig's long hops for a change. No pressure on him whatsoever when they let him bowl dross that goes unpunished.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have people not just always wanted to England to lose? Obviously it is a bit different to hate in the social media age but I think wanting to see England lose is nothing new.
Yeah, I mean I know I got drawn in RE Cook but clear overanalysis going on here. The name 'England' is the main reason.

Spark

Global Moderator
Have people not just always wanted to England to lose? Obviously it is a bit different to hate in the social media age but I think wanting to see England lose is nothing new.
England circa 2011-2 were a lot of fun to watch at times. Sure, they had Cook, Strauss and Trott at the top, but also KP, Bell at his peak, and a ridiculous lower order. But then they just became really, really dull (the last Test aside)

Spark

Global Moderator
England circa 2011-2 were a lot of fun to watch at times. Sure, they had Cook, Strauss and Trott at the top, but also KP, Bell at his peak, and a ridiculous lower order. But then they just became really, really dull (the last Test aside)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just thought I'd check the current odds going on an Eng win... they're at about 6's... to comfortably beat the world record of 138 years... with This team... really... NZ at 1.40ish... Amazing stuff
Well the world record hasn't stood for 138 years has it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He gets a lot of runs. 27 tons. I'd prefer him to overtake Tendulkar. Indian fan idolisaton of Sachin is nauseating. Commentators are worse, though. They know where their bread is buttered. Give me Lara, Sangakarra, Ponting, Kallis and many more over Sachin's overrated test career.
Forumers are just as bad. Paid shills for Big Sachin will be all over this post in no time. Corruption is rife in the world of cricketing opinion.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I mean I know I got drawn in RE Cook but clear overanalysis going on here. The name 'England' is the main reason.
Don't you think it's you who's overanalysing it, really. Me and many others don't like Cook. Some like me, have reasons. Others cbf explaining why they dislike him. We just do.

Spark

Global Moderator
we would have had the record broken just over a year ago with a chase roughly the same at this one, but instead dale steyn decided to bop mohammed shami over his head off the last ball for six

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't you think it's you who's overanalysing it, really. Me and many others don't like Cook. Some like me, have reasons. Others cbf explaining why they dislike him. We just do.
Nope. I countered the bad reasons you and Spark gave against Cook :ph34r:, but regardless, I wasn't referring to Cook when I said overanalysis. I was referring to people trying to evaluate as to why others may want England to lose. The word England is the only answer you need.

Last edited:
We're England. People enjoy us losing in sports. it's how it goes.

Oz the same in the sports they play that are actually relevant outside of Oceania, ftr.
Huh? The colonials want to see you win football and felt sorry for you in all those Ashes series. We even pretend Andy Murray is not Scottish.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nope. I countered the bad reasons you and Spark gave against Cook, but regardless, I wasn't referring to Cook when I said overanalysis. I was referring to people trying to evaluate as to why others may want England to lose. The word England is the only answer you need.
?

What's a "good reason" to dislike someone? What does that even mean?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Highest total "to win" is such a pointless statistic though. There've been pretty huge totals made in the fourth innings in draws or even some losses... proves that those amount of runs can be made in the right circumstances. Just because the total didn't lead to a win doesn't mean it's as impossible as the statistic makes it out to be.

Spark

Global Moderator
Highest total "to win" is such a pointless statistic though. There've been pretty huge totals made in the fourth innings in draws or even some losses... proves that those amount of runs can be made in the right circumstances. Just because the total didn't lead to a win doesn't mean it's as impossible as the statistic makes it out to be.
Fourth innings chases are weird though. Plenty of sides make big scores when they have no hope of chasing down the even more massive score that's been set... then fail to chase 250.