• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Nah I think you he would have to say 450 is enough. Slightly more likely to rain out with England 9 down than for them to break the all time world record run chase I'd say :laugh:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Nobody has scored over 400 run batting last at Leeds since Bradman and Australia 67 years ago

Last edited:
i forgot that the MCC passed a law that prevents a team from scoring 450 in the last innings

this declaration leaves England still in a winnable position (450 runs in 180 overs is of course winnable, if unlikely) while doing nothing to improve NZ's chances of taking all 10 wickets imo. should have batted until lunch. NZ obviously should still win, but this isn't a good declaration imo
Agreed. And a chance to break the English spirit further with those quick lower order runs.

Last edited:

Flametree

International 12th Man
Radio said it's the first time 8 players have hit a six in an innings (or was it test?).

As an aside, sizeable earthquake just here in Dunedin. Really rocked. Anything anywhere else?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i forgot that the MCC passed a law that prevents a team from scoring 450 in the last innings

this declaration leaves England still in a winnable position (450 runs in 180 overs is of course winnable, if unlikely) while doing nothing to improve NZ's chances of taking all 10 wickets imo. should have batted until lunch. NZ obviously should still win, but this isn't a good declaration imo
The declaration had almost nothing to do with the runs and almost everything to do with giving his bowlers a nice crack before lunch and a big rest because 98 overs were scheduled for today.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Need genuine answers without sarcasm. Why is `Try hitting a six every ball till you get all out` not better than declaring in a test match?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It is a generous declaration. Generous enough to be stupid? I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be happy if Cook declared at this point.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Premature declaration. Knee jerk to ommentators it would seem. NZ to win, but England have a chance.
Agreed. And a chance to break the English spirit further with those quick lower order runs.
The declaration had almost nothing to do with the runs and almost everything to do with giving his bowlers a nice crack before lunch and a big rest because 98 overs were scheduled for today.
Exactly.Also danger of rain.NZkeen to win keep 3rd ranking

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Need genuine answers without sarcasm. Why is `Try hitting a six every ball till you get all out` not better than declaring in a test match?
Letting your opening bowlers have a solid stretch and warm up, mental edge, not letting opposition pad their wickets column

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Radio said it's the first time 8 players have hit a six in an innings (or was it test?).

As an aside, sizeable earthquake just here in Dunedin. Really rocked. Anything anywhere else?
Didn't feel anything in Christchurch, sounds like you guys got the brunt of it.