• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Meridio

International Regular
Definite swing for Boult here, but by the sounds of things it wasn't swinging during the afternoon session? Or was that just us bowling pus?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I feel that Baz ought to have brought Craig on earlier when the seamers were missing their lines and lengths and Root and Stokes were batting so well.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I feel that Baz ought to have brought Craig on earlier when the seamers were missing their lines and lengths and Root and Stokes were batting so well.
Yeah Craig has been really impressive for the most part. Few LBW shouts in his first overs, deserved a longer run.

NZTailender

This is a fantastic old ball spell from Henry. Has worked hard all afternoon to try and turn things back our way.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gutting for Root to miss the ton, been a very good recovery from us though, 30-4 to 278-6 is top stuff. Be nice to get 350-400 from here and see how rusty the NZ batting is in this form of the game.

NZTailender

Great little 50 from Buttler, in the second wave of counter-attack that's flattened out NZ once again.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Turning into a disappointing day for us, this. England get through to stumps still six down and they're on top.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Turning into a disappointing day for us, this. England get through to stumps still six down and they're on top.
Yeah, judging by the online commentary Boult and Southee have struggled with their lines. Good day for Henry, responded very well after being tonked around in his second spell.

After 30-4 this is disappointing, but Root was brilliant. England bat very deep so the recovery was always on if they kept their heaads.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Root got out as I was walking out of work. Kind of expected us to be bowling by the time I got home.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Excellent day from England. Superb partnership from Stokes and Root, changed the whole complexion of the game.