• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Some rate Anderson higher than I do but he is clearly miles ahead of the plodders who surround him in this team.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some rate Anderson higher than I do but he is clearly miles ahead of the plodders who surround him in this team.
Only one who gets near him is Broad every 6th game or so when he suddenly finds a spell from nowhere and turns a game in no time.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Only one who gets near him is Broad every 6th game or so when he suddenly finds a spell from nowhere and turns a game in no time.
Agreed. He would be a wonderful third seamer who could bowl one special spell a series to win a Test. It is tough having him as the number 2 guy though and even worse that there are no real obvious candidates to take the new ball instead of him.

Niall

International Coach
Having an argument with a friend, its lighthearted somewhat.

How much money should I bet on Ali to take more wickets than Lyon in The Ashes?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm massively regretting not having the old Kemar roach on this pitch. He would have been pretty special in these conditions. Still, I'm pleased with the fight being shown, I hope they keep up the intensity.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We score 200 runs in our 2nd innings and we are safe I reckon. Doubt WI will score 200 anyway but anything over 250 will be bloody hard to chase on this pitch another day on.
I may be conservative but I'd be happy with a target of 300. 250 or so only needs one good innings to make it tight finish.