• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it's more that he was getting out just like that all through the Australia tour. So however hard he's worked at it...well, not much progress has been made.
True. It's weird because it's not like he'd never played short fast bowling in his life before that tour. Reckon this weakness of his has a lot to do with his head.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not the best shot to play when your position is under some pressure. The end of him?
Should be at this level. Not just the zero but the manner of it, of course.

As quite a few of us called it when the squad was announced, this was never likely to end well. Plus we have wasted an opportunity to have a look at Lyth.

Antihippy

International Debutant
How many opening partners has cook gone through now though?

I think the problem for trott is that ballance has filled his role so emphatically that it's hard to see a position in the side for him.

Stapel

International Regular
Should be at this level. Not just the zero but the manner of it, of course.

As quite a few of us called it when the squad was announced, this was never likely to end well. Plus we have wasted an opportunity to have a look at Lyth.
Not really on topic, but: Is Alex Hales considered?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
boult, southee, johnson, harris, hazlewood/starc. quite the initiation.
would not be surprised at all if hales jumped ahead of him in the queue for new zealand. don't think they have a clue what they're doing with that spot at the moment.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's around 40. But last season it was above 50 (I think). He's made a decent start this season as well.
Well that's a whole lot better than I thought.
tbh I couldn't pretend to know which out of Hales and Lyth might be the better bet.