• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Magnificent from England, woeful from WI.

This was so so on. And I'd say there's only two teams in world cricket who would have that "oh they can lose this from here" ****ty aura. WI and Banglas.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Anderson was key for England winning series in Australia and India. The myth was busted long ago.
His bowling record away from England is still fairly mediocre though.
For a guy with such a lofty reputation on these forums, you'd think his record would be a bit better.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Antigua is one of the big players, at least historically. Grenada's a bit weird but I'd rather the odd weird one than the same tour every time.
Antigua AND Barbuda. Don't forget The Barbudettes.

ffs wi dies you useless pieces of **** why did you have to collapse faster than a structurally unsound building in a frickin' earthquake
Not true and not cool IMO, It is just a game of Cricket.

I think if you asked them before the series started what they would've done should they find themselves 1-0 down after two Tests with a tiring/injured attack, they would've been reasonably comfortable dropping Samuels or Blackwood for a one-off game to fit in an extra bowler, but given they've both hit tons in the series it's much tougher. The middle order batsmen who were more or less entrencged -- Chanderpaul and Bravo -- have been the ones failing to contribute.

Perhaps Ramdin will open just as a one-off or something.
In a one-off I would probably just open with Darren Bravo. I actually think he is probably best suited to 4 long-term, but you would think Brathwaite and Bravo's game would theoretically compliment each other. So that means:

1 Brathwaite 2 Bravo 3 Hope 4 Samuels 5 Chanderpual 6 Blackwood

Magnificent from England, woeful from WI.

This was so so on. And I'd say there's only two teams in world cricket who would have that "oh they can lose this from here" ****ty aura. WI and Banglas.
Zimbabwe too.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Not true and not cool IMO, It is just a game of Cricket.
wi dies was a typo though it must be said me calling sports teams useless pieces of **** is rank-and-file and would most likely equate to most people calling it a poor performance, it's not a relatively bad insult coming from me

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Brathwaite
2. Holder
3. Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Chanderpaul
6. Blackwood
7. Ramdin +
8. Brathwaite
9. Taylor
10. Bishoo
11. Roach

#Funky #Moneyball #NewTastle

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
wi dies was a typo though it must be said me calling sports teams useless pieces of **** is rank-and-file and would most likely equate to most people calling it a poor performance, it's not a relatively bad insult coming from me
Oh. I see now. Reading that you wanted West Indies to die seemed way over the top, but can see how missing the 'n' in windies changes the sentence. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Brathwaite
2. Holder
3. Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Chanderpaul
6. Blackwood
7. Ramdin +
8. Brathwaite
9. Taylor
10. Bishoo
11. Roach

I actually really like this team. In a must win game at home, I hope they do play this XI.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a reason England have been visiting the smaller nations - I'd have thought a 3 Test series would have taken in Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago?
As I understand it, and I could be wrong, The Queens Park Oval in TT is owned and operated by Queen's Park Cricket Club. The TT Cricket Board, and therefore WI cricket, and TT government do not have a stake in the operation. Despite the stadium being the largest in the Caribbean and TT being the wealthiest country in WI cricket this puts Trinidad at a major disadvantage when competing for fixtures as other smaller islands use govt money to attract Tests to be played in stadiums public money has been used to build and use the game to raise the nation's profile internationally..

TT cricket and the TT government are not in a position to pay for the rights to host the Tests with the ground in private hands. WICB are often, possibly correctly, tempted by the cash and Port of Spain is on the outside.

It is a huge shame as the money, population, and facilities are here. It will be repeated later in the year when Australia dont play a Test in Trinidad either.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Brathwaite
2. Holder
3. Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Chanderpaul
6. Blackwood
7. Ramdin +
8. Brathwaite
9. Taylor
10. Bishoo
11. Roach

I seriously thought about something like this while wondering about the WIndies attack :laugh:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Kraigg opening the batting, Carlos as an additional seamer.

Could go with an additional spinner rather than 4 quicks, but C Brathwaite lengthens the batting line-up. If Taylor is unfit, replace with Permaul.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It looked pretty bad to me.

His ankle turned nearly 90 degrees right in the middle of his delivery stride, so the joint would've had an awful lot of weight going through it.

The big lad fairly yelped in pain and doesn't strike one as a shirker, so I'd be a tad surprised in he was in the XI for the third.

If he does I can't see him being anywhere near 100%.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
As I understand it, and I could be wrong, The Queens Park Oval in TT is owned and operated by Queen's Park Cricket Club. The TT Cricket Board, and therefore WI cricket, and TT government do not have a stake in the operation. Despite the stadium being the largest in the Caribbean and TT being the wealthiest country in WI cricket this puts Trinidad at a major disadvantage when competing for fixtures as other smaller islands use govt money to attract Tests to be played in stadiums public money has been used to build and use the game to raise the nation's profile internationally..

TT cricket and the TT government are not in a position to pay for the rights to host the Tests with the ground in private hands. WICB are often, possibly correctly, tempted by the cash and Port of Spain is on the outside.

It is a huge shame as the money, population, and facilities are here. It will be repeated later in the year when Australia dont play a Test in Trinidad either.
I certainly don't mind the different venues, although the new ground in Antigua is awful. I thought the Greneda test was great with a good atmosphere. I'd imagine a lot of the islands are really willing to push the boat out to get an England test as you will get plenty of English fans travelling (even this hear when its late in the season)

Its a shame what you say about TT tho as I love that ground.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It looked pretty bad to me.

His ankle turned nearly 90 degrees right in the middle of his delivery stride, so the joint would've had an awful lot of weight going through it.

The big lad fairly yelped in pain and doesn't strike one as a shirker, so I'd be a tad surprised in he was in the XI for the third.

If he does I can't see him being anywhere near 100%.
You can never tell with ankle injuries, he could have really done some damage to his ligaments and be out for 2-3 months, or it could be something that's fixed with a bit of rest and ice and he'll be good to go for the 3rd Test.