• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Niall

International Coach
I'm worried about shiv. He's getting close to the end. Getting out caught at cover and lbw to a part time offie? That's just not the shiv we know.
Yeah me to. The first time when alarm bells were going of after a pretty meh effort in the second division last year of England. I ignored the Bangla series as their bowling was so poor.

I think he has earned the right to play this series and the Aussie series even if he fails every game and then we will have to think about what his future holds.

He might be tempted by a tour of Australia I suppose, and I could understand Simmons been wary of unleashing the kids on that tour.

Do you know who comes to the West Indies next year? If its someone not as high profile as England and Australia he could be tempted to have jacked it in by then.

91Jmay

International Coach
Eh? Did you follow the first Test. Stokes had no luck. Anderson bowled a few people out and a lot of the other dismissals were at best innocuous.

England don't have a top class spinner and have one top class seamer.
Few of his wickets are average balls. Two from his six fer, his first in ODI against Aussies in Chris Jordans debut. Just off the top of head

Stapel

International Regular
When do we begin to ask if Shiv is finished?:sadangel:
It seems to be the decent thing to do, not to begin to ask that just yet.

Definitely not the player he once was.
TBF, a Shiv quite something below the Shiv he once was, is still better than many alternatives. It would be unreasonable to compare him with his career best, not?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah me to. The first time when alarm bells were going of after a pretty meh effort in the second division last year of England. I ignored the Bangla series as their bowling was so poor.

I think he has earned the right to play this series and the Aussie series even if he fails every game and then we will have to think about what his future holds.

He might be tempted by a tour of Australia I suppose, and I could understand Simmons been wary of unleashing the kids on that tour.

Do you know who comes to the West Indies next year? If its someone not as high profile as England and Australia he could be tempted to have jacked it in by then.
Agreed, the signs have been their for a while unfortunately. I don't know who we've got at home next year but I reckon shiv should retire after the Australia series. That way we can give him the heroes exit he deserves, he'll get the West Indian run scoring record by then and it will allow us to debut Shai Hope on the Zimbabwe tour, which would be an ideal start for someone tasked with replacing a great like shiv.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's quite sad how Samuels looks like he is being made to do something unpleasant and burdensome.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He's been the best bowler today IMO. Can see why it wasn't given out live as it looked to be heading to scrape legstump so was also quite surprised to see that ball track. It had straightened a lot.