• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

91Jmay

International Coach
Excellent bowling, opening bat shouldn't be playing short bowling on a slow pitch like that though.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That's the first time I've ever seen KB in trouble like that. He played Morkel really well in South Africa for example. I think he was taken by surprise, he should have ducked underneath it. Not good batting though :(.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely little nut, that. Bounced and turned just enough.

Well, too much as it beat the edge, but my point stands.

Tredders letting no-one down here.

Beamer

Lovely little nut, that. Bounced and turned just enough.

Well, too much as it beat the edge, but my point stands.

Tredders letting no-one down here.
He keeps it simple and is doing his job. He has comprehensively outbowled Benn, not that that means anything. It will be interesting to see how he goes if someone who can really play spin gets after him. If Bravo and Samuels bat for a long time for example, they tend to despatch finger spin so that will be a test.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
Worst part of being an American cricket fan is that you have no idea when cricket is being played.

What have I missed with this test match so far?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Worst part of being an American cricket fan is that you have no idea when cricket is being played.

What have I missed with this test match so far?
Among the good things - Good opening spell from WI bowlers in the first innings, good comeback from Bell-Root-Stokes, Tredwell proving to be dependable in the conditions and a Blackwood century.

Let's not talk about the not-so-good things.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am not a follower of FC cricket in the Caribbean - but isn't there a decent enough opener to replace the 33-year old Devon Smith? If not, can't they try Kirk Edwards at that position?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So i haven't watched a single ball of this test, can someone explain why Broad only got 2 overs with the new ball (and a wicket) and Tredders was first change in the 4th over???

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So i haven't watched a single ball of this test, can someone explain why Broad only got 2 overs with the new ball (and a wicket) and Tredders was first change in the 4th over???
It was the last over before tea so Tredwell got the token spin over. He looked threatening so he had a little spell straight after tea too.

Devon Smith is well known as being pretty terrible against off spinners which probably played into it a bit too.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Devon Smith effect probably - his tailender average against off-spin.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Cook wanted to see his trump-card spinner for one over before the tea in these conditions - the bigger question is why he didn't revert back to Broad right after tea.

Edit: Ya and scaly's point about Devon Smith too.

Beamer

I am not a follower of FC cricket in the Caribbean - but isn't there a decent enough opener to replace the 33-year old Devon Smith? If not, can't they try Kirk Edwards at that position?
It's a huge problem for us tbh. Kieron Powell or Adrian Barath were supposed to be the annointed ones but for various reasons they aren't around or performing at the moment.

Devon Smith always goes back and scores a shedload of FC runs. This year the openers that scored big runs were Devon, Kraigg and a guy called Tyrone Theopile who has only really done it for one season and so isn't ready yet.

Kirk is done I'm afraid, can't even get into the Barbados side.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm a bit surprised Leon Johnson didn't go up to open after doing pretty well in South Africa at three while Bravo was out.

Not complaining though. #devon4lyf

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha this is vintage Smith. After looking awesome while still getting himself set, he looks like he's batting with a needle now that he's got a start. Weirdest player.