• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It's just far too easy for the batsmen once Taylor, Roach and Holder finish their first couple of spells. Benn is uselss and there is no way Samuels should be bowling this many overs, it makes for horrible test viewing.

Ballance looks to be getting into form having somehow survived last nights opening spell. Stokes looks like he could really push the scoring in the post-lunch session.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This match has reminded me so much of West Indies' tour to England in 2000. Ambrose and Walsh would generally bowl 10-15 top class new ball overs, and after that England would feast on the rest of the attack, which was complete rubbish.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember 2004 where Harmison and company just got the better of Windies. England does seem to do fairly well in the Caribbean don't they..

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Devon and Suliemann really justifying the selectors faith in this game :laugh:

That one had me practically hiding behind the sofa. So village.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
lol holy **** this tourist guy.

m8 you can push it as hard as you want but i don't want to visit your tropical paradise.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Buttler is friggin box office, which is a good job as declaration runs are a pretty anti-cricket stage of the game

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must be said that leg before was one of the worst original shouts I've seen for a good while.

Pitched outside leg and went away from there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure that was a first for me. I don't think I've ever seen a RHB given out lbw to a seamer bowling right arm over where the ball didn't even pitch in line (or outside off). Maybe in the case of a massive outswinger I suppose.. but that was really something else.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
What a farcical passage of play that was.

Apparently this is the latest we could have declared and still make the Windies bat before tea. Good call I guess, but I'm not convinced there's much to this 'make them bat for an awkward 10 minutes' theory. Has always seemed a bit superstition-y